The iPhone eleven is joining the ranks of older phones, at present two generations behind the current iPhone 13. Withal, the iPhone 11 is and volition remain a terrific, modern smartphone with enough of life for years to come up. That’south why owners of Apple’southward 2019 iPhone eleven, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone eleven Pro Max are committed to solving any lingering problems related to their phone.
Fortunately, the initial functional bug with iPhone eleven were common to most other Apple smartphones that twelvemonth: They were linked generally to Apple’southward problematic iOS thirteen. With the much smoother release of iOS fourteen and similar ease of use with the current iOS 15, many of the pressing issues faded away for most owners. Some lingering problems may persist, and here is what you can do about them.
Problem: Face up ID
If y’all’re having problems with the iPhone 11’southward Face ID unlock feature, here’due south what to do.
Make sure your iPhone 11 is running the latest version of iOS xiv or iOS 15. That should speedily clear everything up. If it does not, then exercise the post-obit.
Settings > Face up ID & Passcode. Then, brand sure that Face up ID is gear up on your phone and that all of the features y’all’re trying to use Face up ID with are enabled. If you’re having issues using your face to unlock your phone, make certain y’all’re looking directly at the screen and that the room is calorie-free enough then that the camera can detect your face. Endeavour bringing the iPhone xi closer to your face or position it more at face level. Brand sure there’s no dirt, dust, or debris blocking the iPhone’s TrueDepth camera.
If you often change your appearance, consider adding an alternate advent to Face up ID. Go toSettings > Confront ID & Passcode >Fix an Alternate Appearance.
Problem: Data connection
If service is spotty or you’re repeatedly unable to connect to your network, hither’south how to handle it.
The starting time affair to do is restart your telephone and turn on Plane Mode on for xxx seconds before turning information technology off. If that doesn’t solve the problem, cheque your service provider for outages at Down Detector or look for reports on local social media.
In iOS 15, you can toggle Cellular Data and/or LTE off and on.
Cellular Information Options.
Voice & Data > LTE.
- Switch to 3G and and so back to LTE.
Yous can also toggle Cellular Data off and on. Go to
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Information. Toggle it off and then back on.
Problem: Wi-Fi connectedness
If you are having problems connecting to Wi-Fi, or your connection repeatedly drops or is slow, there are a few things you tin can practice before you lay hands on your telephone.
Offset, make sure your Wi-Fi is working correctly or reset your router to make certain. If you’re continued to your network, unplug the router for a infinitesimal, plug it back in, and reconnect. If your abode Wi-Fi is OK, then pick upwards your phone and brand certain you have your Wi-Fi password on hand before y’all get started.
Settings > Wi-Fi.
Tap the info circle.
Forget This Network
and try to reconnect. You’ll need to re-input your password.
Or try resetting your network via
Settings > Full general > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset Network Settings.
Problem: Wireless charging
Issues with dysfunctional wireless charging are fairly widespread. Some customers with Qi wireless chargers report that after they identify sure iPhone 11, iPhone xi Pro, and iPhone eleven Pro Max models on the charger, the iPhone may recognize it every bit a charger, but will not really accuse, and may even become hot to the touch.
If this is all the same an issue, you can continue to accuse your phone with a wired connection. Make sure to update your iPhone’s Bone with the stable iOS 15. Mechanical maneuvers include a power-off reset/restart, which did solve the consequence for some people.
- Printing and release volume upward.
- Press and release volume down.
- Hold the ability button and look until the Apple logo appears.
If you lot use a example that stores credit cards or security passes, remove them earlier charging your telephone or just remove the instance altogether before charging.
Activation issues are common when you lot try to get a new telephone up and running for the first time, regardless of the model, and the iPhone 11 is no different.
If yous’re having problems activating the iPhone 11, start make sure that all systems are upward and running by checking
. If something is not toggled green, await until all systems are running and try again. If information technology’south green and notwithstanding not operative, make sure your telephone has a SIM card inserted. If you lot tin can switch the SIM card from your old phone into your new one, try that offset. If you become a No SIM or Invalid SIM fault message, Apple suggests the following steps.
- Make certain your wireless programme is operational.
- Update your handset to the latest iOS version — which is iOS xv — and restart.
- Get toSettings > General > Software Update. If an update is available, y’all’ll see a prompt to select
Update, or Install Now (with 50% or more battery or plugged in).
- Remove your SIM menu from the tray and then put information technology dorsum. The tray should close securely. Only use the tray that comes with your current phone.
- Effort a different SIM card. You tin go i at your carrier’s retail outlet or ask your carrier to test your phone with a different card. Replace your current SIM card with a new 1, if necessary.
Problem: Book, audio, and sound
If y’all experience issues with whatever aspect of audio function, there are diverse remedies yous can effort.
- Take your SIM card out of your phone and then supplant it to solve the problem of a poorly positioned card.
- Turn off Bluetooth to compare sound quality with or without it. If it improves, leave it off for your calls.
- Brand sure your microphone is clean, clear, and unobstructed.
- Remove your example to investigate whether it’s causing book obstruction.
- If the to a higher place steps do non ameliorate the audio, clear your phone’south cache memory by restarting it.
- Do a hard mill reset viaSettings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase all content and settings. Be sure to support your data first.
- If the mic is still causing problems, restore your telephone from a backup.
A common complaint with diverse iPhone 11 units is that they go uncomfortably hot, especially while using resource-heavy features like GPS. This has owners concerned about the long-term effect on bombardment life.
- Remove the case.
- Keep your handset away from prolonged heat exposure (in a hot auto, for example).
- Games, particularly AR games, can cause the device to heat up.
- Maintain radio silence by putting the telephone into Airplane Style for a while. In the Control Center, tap the Airplane icon to close off all GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular signals. Or individually disable Location Services, GPS, or Bluetooth — anything you don’t immediately need.
- Look to charge the device, as that tin also rut upwardly your phone.
- Turn the iPhone off and practice a difficult restart. (Hit the volume up push button, then the volume down push button, then the power button. It will not enquire if y’all want to power downwards, it just does it.)
If y’all’re still experiencing this issue, contact Apple Support for assistance.
Problem: Bluetooth connectedness
Some iPhone 11 owners noted bug in iOS thirteen with connecting peripherals via Bluetooth. Those issues include anything from trouble pairing their phone to the car to maintaining a connexion later on the device has finally paired, to repeated connection and disconnection.
Before testing whatsoever of these suggestions, ensure that your iOS has been updated to the latest version available, such as iOS 15.
- Go to
Settings > Bluetooth
and make sure that Bluetooth is on. If it’southward disabled and y’all tin’t enable information technology, restart your telephone, and so endeavor once more to pair and connect.
- Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory and device are in close proximity.
- Turn your Bluetooth accompaniment off and on.
- Brand certain that your Bluetooth accompaniment is on and fully charged or connected to power. If your accessory uses batteries, supersede them with fresh ones. If you’ve been able to connect in the by, unpair the accessory and put it back in discovery fashion. Then try once again to pair and connect.
- If you lot tin can pair your accessory with devices other than your iPhone, unpair the accompaniment from the other devices and try again.
- If none of the above steps work, contact Apple tech support or make an appointment with the Genius Bar.
You can too forget and so reconnect the problematic Bluetooth device.
- Select the Bluetooth connection having issues using the info circumvolve.
Forget this Device.
- Try reconnecting.
If you still can’t connect, try resetting your phone’s network settings.
Transfer or Reset iPhone.
Reset Network Settings
Reset All Settings.
Problem: Poor battery life
iPhone 11 models take experienced a variety of bombardment problems over time. The iPhone eleven Pro Max, for example, has been associated with premature battery wear. In 2021, a bug affecting only iPhone 11 models also led to inaccurate battery reports on iOS and related issues.
Ever go to
if you fear a battery event. Here you tin can check out the current condition of your battery and see if in that location are any obvious bug. If y’all are experiencing significant battery loss, it’southward a practiced idea to have/ship your iPhone in for professional repair or replacement.
Fixes in iOS should as well alleviate the problem. Ideally, you should upgrade to iOS fifteen. With iOS 14.5, a set enabled the iOS to recalibrate the bombardment reporting office via the Bombardment Wellness section. It takes fourth dimension, every bit the part needs a few weeks to properly measure and recalibrate the battery. If the recalibration finds the battery to be damaged, it will walk you through the steps for a full replacement.
Problem: Storage infinite
The iPhone xi can have up to 256GB of storage, but if you salve a lot of files and apps to your telephone and so even this can become limiting. Fortunately, there are built-in ways to deal with depression storage space.
In iOS 15, go to
App Store >Offload Unused Apps
to get rid of apps that have been inactive for a while, just keep their documents and data. Then, review each app to spot the ones taking upwardly the most space. If you find an egregious offender, select it and view the options for immigration space. For the Music app, for example, y’all can choose to auto-delete any songs you previously downloaded for offline listening.
- The best apps for a second smartphone number
- The best iPhone 12 Pro Max screen protectors: Tempered glass, film, privacy
- iOS 16: Everything we know near 2022’s iPhone update
- Tin yous play Genshin Impact on an iPhone?
- The Nothing Telephone one’southward LEDs do a lot more than you’d expect