Are you using (or interested in) a Logitech Harmony Smart Control Remote, but wonder if you can use it to control apps on an Amazon Fire TV or Burn Stick like Kodi, Netflix, etc?
In this post, I’ll show you lot how to use this crawly Harmony remote to control everything including your Burn Tv device.
I love Logitech Harmony remotes, peculiarly the new hub-based remote chosen Harmony Smart Control. I’ve used i for my master living room amusement middle for a long time. With all of my electronic subconscious in a cupboard behind the Television receiver, my Harmony remote can control everything without any issues. I fifty-fifty accept my Google Habitation integrated with Harmony so I can tell Google to plough activities on and off.
Recently, I saw a great limited time deal at Walmart.com where I could get another Harmony Smart Control (hub and remote) for only $35! I couldn’t pass that up, and I was pretty sure, it could work with the Fire Stick on my other TV.
Well, I was right… it did work, only it wasn’t completely obvious how to fix it upwards. I promise to help clear up some of the confusion here.
Only the Hub-based Harmony Remotes can Control Fire TV
If you’re using an older IR (infrared) Harmony remote, this tutorial won’t work for you. You would demand to upgrade.
Add Burn Tv set Device to your Harmony Setup
This part is pretty self-explanatory, but I’ll embrace it anyway. I took this section from the Harmony support folio.
- Launch the Harmony mobile app and connect to your Harmony hub.
- Select , thenHarmony Setup > Add/Edit Devices & Activities > DEVICES.
- Select theADD DEVICE button at the lesser of the screen, followed byENTERTAINMENT DEVICE.
- Enter the manufacturer and model number for your device, then tapADD.
- If you have multiple devices, select the Fire TV device that yous like Harmony to control.
- In one case added, Harmony will prompt you to create an Activity. SelectYes.
- Continue through the series of questions to finish creating your Activity.
Create an Amazon Fire TV Activity
- Select theActivities tab on the left side of the screen.
- Select theAdd Activity push.
- Select theFire Television set Activity type and selectAdjacent.
- Proceed through the series of questions to build your Activity.
- Once washed, remember to sync your remote.
Please be aware:You lot must launch your Sentinel Amazon Burn down TV Activity for the start time using the Harmony mobile app.
Launching your Amazon Fire Tv Activity
- Using the Harmony mobile app, connect to your Harmony hub.
- Launch your Sentry Fire TV Activity. Harmony should prompt yous to initiateBluetooth pairing.
- 1st Generation Burn down TV
- Apply your Amazon Fire Tv set controller to navigate to the Fire Idiot box home screen.
- Select Settings > Controllers > Fire Boob tube Remotes > Add New Remote.
- Harmony and Fire Tv should pair later on several seconds.
- If you experience bug, restart Amazon Fire TV and effort these steps once again.
- 2d Generation Burn TV
- Utilise your Amazon Fire Television set controller to navigate to the Burn TV abode screen.
- Select Settings > Controllers and Bluetooth Devices > Other Bluetooth Devices from the Fire Idiot box menu.
- Select Add Bluetooth Devices.
- Harmony and Burn Television set should pair after several seconds, your Harmony hub volition announced asHarmony Keyboard.
- 1st Generation Burn down TV
Troubleshooting Getting Harmony Remote to Control Burn TV
Here are some tips I’ve put together to help get it working because I dealt with having information technology not work when I thought it should be working.
- Make sure you’ve Bluetooth paired your Fire TV device to your Harmony Hub using the original Fire TV remote.
- If the Harmony device won’t announced or won’t pair, you lot might accept paired your phone to the hub which is non necessary. Forget that Bluetooth connection on your phone and and then it will be free to pair from your Burn down TV.
- Make certain you lot’ve successfully saved your settings and synced your remote.
- Try turning your activities off and launching the Watch Burn TV activity again.
- Check the buttons configuration. When I did it, I had to manually set all the buttons I wanted to use.
- Go to Harmony Setup > Activities > Scout Fire TV > Customize Remote.
- Tap on each button to edit the action that it will perform on which device.
Having whatsoever problems with the setup? Anything needs corrected? Let me know in the comments. Thanks!