This section describes how to connect the camera to a computer when importing images to the computer or specifying the camera settings from the computer.
Attention, when connecting via USB (cheque the USB terminal of your figurer)
The interface cable that comes with the camera is IFC-100U, of which both terminals of the USB are Type-C. If your computer is non a type-C terminal, so it cannot be used.
Please refer to the computer’southward manual for details regarding connection parts.
Use a carte reader or Wi-Fi part to transfer photos to the reckoner. For details, run across related information.
Setting Camera’s [Car power off] to [Disable]
Yous can foreclose the camera from turning off automatically when it is connected to a computer by setting the Machine Ability Off to [Disable].
1. Ostend that the camera is not connected to the calculator.
two. Set the photographic camera’s power switch to < ON >.
3. Press the < Carte > button to brandish the card.
4. Press the < INFO > button to select the [
5. Turn <
> to select the [
6. Turn <
> to select [ Ability saving ], and then press < SET >.
> to select [ Machine power off ] and press < SET >.
> to select [ Disable ] and press < SET >.
Delight refer to Advanced User Guide for more data nigh the Auto power off settings.
9. Press the < Carte du jour > button to plough off the menu screen.
10. Set the camera’s power switch to < OFF >.
How to Connect the Camera To a Computer Using a USB Cablevision
Use the provided interface cablevision or one from Canon. When connecting the interface cable, use the provided cablevision protector.
- Cablevision protector
Using the cable protector helps prevent adventitious disconnection and last damage.
- Interface Cable IFC-100U (Approx. 1 thou/3.2 ft.)
This cable is included with your camera.
1. Open up the terminal cover.
2. Remove the cablevision protector clamp.
3. Attach the cable protector to the interface terminal expanse of the camera.
B: Cable protector
4. Run the cable through the clamp every bit shown in
5. Next, attach the clamp in the location shown in the effigy beneath.
6. Plug the cord into the digital concluding.
C: Interface cable
- Connecting interface cable without using the cable protector may impairment the digital terminal.
- Bank check that the interface cable is securely attached to the digital concluding.
7. Connect the cord’south plug to the figurer’s USB terminal.
The location of the terminal varies by computer model. For more information on the location of the terminals on your computer, delight refer to Advanced User Guide.
8. Set the power switch to <ON>.
- Communication betwixt the camera and the computer begins.
- When the calculator displays a screen to select the plan, select [EOS Utility].
EOS R corresponds to EOS Utility Ver.three.9.0. and above. If you lot are using versions prior to EOS Utility Ver.3.9.0, install the latest version of EOS Utility, which tin be downloaded from the Canon homepage.
EOS Utility Ver.3.9.0 or later on will offset automatically when yous connect the camera to a computer.
EOS Utility Ver.3.9.0 or later will kickoff automatically when you connect the camera to a computer.
If EOS Utility is not displayed, click the [EOS Utility] icon in the Dock.
nine. Earlier disconnecting the cable, turn off the camera. Agree the plug (not the cord) to pull out the cable.