Use Walkie-Talkie on your Apple Watch
Whether you lot’re out shopping or trying to detect someone in a crowd, use the Walkie-Talkie app to arrive touch with simply a tap. Add friends, then manage when you want to talk.
How to add friends to the Walkie-Talkie app
- Open the Walkie-Talkie app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap Add together Friends, so choose a contact.
- Expect for your friend to accept the invitation. Their contact carte du jour stays gray and appears nether Friends Y’all Invited until your friend accepts. After they accept, their contact card turns yellow and you and your friend can talk instantly.
To remove a friend, open the Walkie-Talkie app, swipe left on the friend, then tap the delete button. Or open the Apple tree Watch app on your iPhone, tap Walkie-Talkie > Edit, tap the minus button, then tap Remove.
Get help if yous can’t add a friend to Walkie-Talkie.
How to accept a Walkie-Talkie invitation
Tap Always Let in the notification that appears when someone invites you. If you miss the notification the first time, expect for information technology in Notification Eye. Invitations also appear in the Walkie-Talkie app.
How to start a Walkie-Talkie conversation
- Open the Walkie-Talkie app on your Apple Scout.
- Tap a friend.
- Touch and hold the talk button, then say something. If yous meet “connecting” on the screen, wait for Walkie-Talkie to connect. Later Walkie-Talkie connects, your friend can hear your vocalization and talk with yous instantly.
As long as your friend is wearing their Apple Sentinel and has Walkie-Talkie turned on, they receive alerts when you desire to talk.
How to talk over Walkie-Talkie
- Touch and hold the talk button, so say something.
- When you’re done, permit go. Your friend instantly hears what you said.
To change the volume, turn the Digital Crown.
Turn Walkie-Talkie off or on
- Open up the Walkie-Talkie app.
- Turn Walkie-Talkie off or on. If someone tries to attain you lot while you lot’re unavailable, a notification appears asking if you’d like to talk.
Yous tin also plough Walkie-Talkie off or on by tapping the Walkie-Talkie button in Control Centre.
If you lot turn on Silent Mode in Control Center, you can yet hear chimes and your friend’southward voice. If you lot plow on Theater Manner, it automatically makes you unavailable to talk with Walkie-Talkie. Do Non Disturb mirrors your iPhone settings, so you tin manage which Walkie-Talkie alerts appear, and when.
If you don’t see the Walkie-Talkie app
- FaceTime is required for Walkie-Talkie to work, so if you’ve deleted it, re-download FaceTime on your iPhone. Open up the App Store on your iPhone, search for FaceTime, then tap the download button.
- Brand certain that FaceTime is turned on. Open the Settings app, tap FaceTime, then turn on FaceTime.
- Open the FaceTime app. To make certain FaceTime is set upwardly correctly, endeavour making a call.
- Restart your Apple tree Watch.
- Restart your iPhone.
If you have FaceTime on your iPhone and don’t see the Walkie-Talkie app on your watch, you might have deleted it. Open the App Store on your Apple Watch and re-download it.
FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions.
If you lot’re having issues sending and receiving invitations
If you still demand aid
If you updated to watchOS five.3 or subsequently and tried the steps above, but still demand help, contact Apple Support.