The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector can be used to connect online with the Nintendo DS if you do not have a wireless network in your home, or are unable to connect to the Nintendo DS with your current wireless network. Multiple Nintendo DS systems can be registered to the USB Connector and upwardly to 5 can bask online gameplay at the same time.
The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is for use with the Nintendo DS only. It will non work with other wireless devices. In order to use the USB connector, you volition need:
- PC (The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is not Macintosh-uniform)
- Windows XP
- A loftier-speed internet connection (such as DSL or cable)
- A Wi-Fi compatible Nintendo DS game
Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Setup
1. Start Windows, and insert the enclosed CD-ROM into the PC.
2. When the USB Connector setup window appears, click “Ok” to begin the installation procedure.
3. If the setup window doesn’t appear, click the “Start” button, choose “Run”, and so click on the “Scan” push. Click on the CD drive that the setup disc is in, then locate the Setup.EXE file and double-click it.
four. Select the linguistic communication, and so click “Ok”. The software will begin to install.
Note: If y’all receive the mistake, “You are not connected to the net”, this means that the setup utility is non able to discover an active internet connexion. If you are using a laptop estimator with Wi-Fi admission, you lot must get-go connect to the internet before you can end setup.
5. When directed to, insert the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector into any open USB slot on the PC.
6. If the warning, “Hi-speed USB device plugged into non-hi-speed USB hub” appears, click OK. This only means the USB port is an older 1.1 USB port version.
Once the software is installed, you must register your Nintendo DS using the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector Registration Tool.
vii. Plow the Nintendo WFC-compatible game on and enter the Setup Utility menu.
This is a standard bill of fare, shared by all games.
8. Choose “Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings.”
9. Exercise not choose a file. Instead, tap “Connect to your Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector.”
10. Make sure the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is attached to the PC, and then click on the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Registration Tool icon in the lower-right corner of the Windows XP job bar.
A list of currently-connected Nintendo DS systems will announced.
eleven. Tap “Ok” on the Nintendo DS to continue.
In the Windows XP registration tool, the Nintendo DS’south nickname will appear. There volition be a minor, yellow “?” next to it.
12. Click on the Nintendo DS’southward nickname and select “Grant permission to connect.”
A blue, standing man icon volition appear adjacent to the DS’southward nickname. The Nintendo DS volition now have permission to connect to the USB connector. Upwards to five Nintendo DS systems can connect to the adapter at a time.
Complete installation procedures are provided in the Instruction Booklet included with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector.