There is no shortage of ways to bulletin your friends online, just if yous ever play games, Discord is by far the best choice for yous. Though the conversation app has go one of the most important messaging apps both in and out of gaming, it actually began as a failed online multiplayer game designed for iOS.
An awarding that focuses on assuasive your PC or mobile device to focus near of its resource on your actual games rather than the chat application you lot have running in the background.
Whether y’all desire to movement to a dissimilar chat app or delete your business relationship to brand a point, it’s worth looking into how to delete your Discord account and the divergence between disabling and deleting information technology.
How to Disable Your Discord Account
Discord allows you to delete or disable your business relationship, like to social networks similar Facebook. Deleting your account means you lot will no longer apply it while disabling your account typically means you are taking a break.
If you would rather not remove your business relationship entirely and prefer to just footstep away on an extended hiatus with the potential to return, disabling your Discord account is the better choice. This option volition save y’all a bit of time later once you lot render, and you volition non take to jump through hoops to go information technology back.
- Pull upward the Discord app on your screen.
- Once you have logged in, click on your
User Settings (The Cog icon)
in the lower left.
- At the bottom of the window, you will see the option to
Disable Account, coincidentally located to the right of Delete Account. Click it to
disable your account.
Disabling Your Account on Mobile
Disabling your account for both iOS and Android is non as like shooting fish in a barrel as it is on a desktop. Currently, there is no way to disable or delete your business relationship from a mobile device. When you lot endeavour to select one of the options, which you tin can get to past:
- Open up the Discord app on your telephone or mobile device.
- Tap on your profile icon at the lesser right and will open
User Settings; tap on
My Business relationship.
- Yous will take the choice to ‘Disable Account‘ or ‘Delete Account.’ However, once you select either, you will go to a support page describing ways to make that happen, like to what you are already reading here.
To disable or delete an account from mobile, you will demand to put in a
request with support
. This is currently the only way for mobile users to delete their Discord Business relationship.
How to Permanently Delete Your Discord Business relationship
Decided to take the full plunge and cut ties with Discord completely? Not a problem. Information technology is pretty much the same procedure every bit disabling your account with a unlike catastrophe. Every bit said previously, for those on mobile, you will need to contact support to have your account deleted.
Before deleting your account, y’all must either reassign administrative rights to your servers or delete them completely. If you lot need to transfer the buying of your Discord Server, read this article.
To Delete Your Account:
- Pull up Discord on your screen.
- Once logged in, caput to your
User Settings (the cog icon).
- Choose to edit your business relationship. At the bottom of the window, y’all will see the option to
Delete Account. Click it to make your account disappear for good.
You volition probable be prompted to enter your password and your 2FA code as well before completing the procedure. Oh, and by the way, for the deletion to work, you will actually accept to do a few things prior. If y’all happen to be the owner of a server (or multiple), y’all volition need to either transfer ownership to a trusted source or delete the server.
To transfer ownership:
- While in the Discord app, click on the server proper name and open the
User Management, find and click on the
Members on the left side menu.
- Hither you will make the big determination on who gets the keys to the kingdom. Once you have decided who to put in charge, hover over the user’southward name and click on the iii vertical white dots.
- From the dialog card, click on ‘Transfer Ownership.’
One time the transfer is complete, you will then become just a regular fellow member of the server, depending on the part provided. Your admission retained inside the server is limited to the permissions tied to that role.
If your server has no one trustworthy to hand it off to, or you lot exercise not really care one way or the other, you might equally well only delete it. To delete a server:
- Go to Server Settings simply equally we did above.
- On the left side card, scroll downward just this fourth dimension become past User Management and instead directly to ‘Delete Server.’
- Click ‘Delete Server‘ and confirm the deletion past entering your account password to erase the server from beingness completely. If you enabled two-factor authorization on your account, but similar for account deletion, you will exist required to enter the code provided earlier deleting the server.
You will then be prompted to press the Delete Server button one final time before information technology is all said and done. Once you have deleted your account, yous have fourteen days to recover it. After that two-week time, you lot volition no longer be able to log in or retrieve any information from the account.
Once your account is gone, your username volition announced as DeletedUser 0000 or something of that nature. People you have messaged with in the past will continue to run into your messages. To permanently delete all traces of your Discord account, contact Discord Support.
Often Asked Questions
Deleting your Discord account is a large step, so nosotros have the answers to other questions you may accept.
If I delete my business relationship, do all of my letters disappear?
No. If you lot delete your account, your username volition default to discorduser#0000. But, all your letters, pictures yous’ve sent, and texts will remain.
Tin I restart my Discord account?
As stated previously, yous can reactivate your account within fourteen days. If you lot’ve contacted Discord’s support squad for counterfoil, you won’t be able to reactivate it, simply you can create a make new account.
How do I delete all of my messages?
If y’all’re prepared to delete your Discord business relationship but would like to take your messages with you, we take a full tutorial here to assist you practise information technology! You can choose to delete specific letters individually, or if yous’re an Admin of a server, you tin can add together a bot to exercise it for you.
Then Long Discord
Deleting your Discord account is easy, merely deciding to do away with information technology may non exist. If you’ve decided to do abroad with this Discord, following the instructions higher up will get the job washed!