Have yous been using Spotify for a while and want to delete it from your device? Despite the impressive operation and convenience, Spotify is non flawless. Many users encountered a number of issues and this probably as well becomes your reason to quit from the service. Deleting Spotify account and app is your simply way to become rid of it. That becomes the issue is, how to uninstall Spotify from your device?
Uninstalling Spotify is rather tricky every bit it requires dissimilar steps for a different device. Some Android users, nevertheless, cannot uninstall Spotify every bit information technology is a pre-installed application. But there are e’er tricks to resolve the trouble. If you desire to get rid of Spotify application, cheque out the following methods to uninstall Spotify from Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone.
How to Uninstall Spotify on Your Devices
Earlier going straight to uninstall the application, you need to know what device you lot are using. Uninstalling Spotify from Windows is different from Mac while uninstalling the app from Android is also different from the iPhone. For this reason, you need to read carefully and choose the right methods co-ordinate to your device.
Here, you are about to find a variety of methods to remove Spotify from Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone. Read the instructions carefully and then that yous can hands wipe out the app from your device.
How to Uninstall Spotify on Windows
If you are using Windows 10, at that place are several available methods to remove the Spotify app from your computer. The methods consist of transmission uninstallation and using the uninstaller. Keep on scrolling!
ane. Uninstall Spotify manually
This is an ideal and easy manner to wipe out Spotify app from your device. This process enables you to articulate all files and data related to Spotify. In other words, the uninstallation involves a deeper process so that Spotify volition non linger somewhere in your reckoner. The steps below should help you lot.
- Go to Windows Setting, select Apps.
- Observe and click Spotify, choose Uninstall. Click on Yes or Agree on the confirmation box.
- Look until the uninstallation process is consummate.
- Restart your figurer.
- To articulate all related files, go to bulldoze C and navigate to Program. Notice if at that place are any folders and files related to the application. When y’all detect it, delete the files or folders.
- Afterward deleting the related files and folders, become to the Search bar from the Start menu then type ‘regedit’.
- Select OK. Your reckoner volition open up Registry Editor and so delete the Spotify registry that you find.
Later deleting Spotify registry, now your calculator is free from Spotify and all related files and folders.
2. Using uninstaller
When you decide to use the uninstaller, it ways you demand to download and uninstall a third-party app. This option is more practical as you don’t need to delete registry entry on your ain. The third-political party uninstaller will automatically clear associated files and folders once you click on the uninstall button. You can utilize CCleaner or IObit Uninstaller.
The uninstallation steps depend on what uninstaller that you have on the estimator. But most of them are pretty easy to apply. All you have to practise is open the uninstaller, detect the Spotify app on the list of installed apps, and click Uninstall.
How to Uninstall Spotify on Mac
Whether you want to drift to other music streaming services or are merely bored with Spotify, y’all tin easily uninstall the awarding from your Mac computer. As with removing Spotify from Windows, there are several steps that you lot demand to exercise. Earlier uninstalling the application, y’all should delete the Spotify business relationship permanently unless you desire to reinstall the app. Do the steps below.
- Quit Spotify and exit from the app.
- Navigate to Finder, then select Keep the meridian of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Library. If the Library doesn’t announced, concur the Alt key.
- Open cache, then delete the folders com.spotify.client.helper and com.spotify.Client
- Click on the back pointer, then select Application Support. Delete the Spotify folder.
- Press the keys Command + Shift + K to reveal Go to Binder.
- Open up the Library folder, then enter Spotify in the search bar. Delete all related files and folders.
- Restart your computer.
After restarting your computer, type Spotify in the search bar and find if you see files and folders related to Spotify. If yous don’t, it means you have removed Spotify completely from your computer.
How to Uninstall Spotify on Android
Spotify app tin can be downloaded and installed on your Android device. If you lot demand to uninstall this app either to remove or reinstall in the future, there are some steps that you take to do. Unlike Windows or Mac computer, Android device is much simpler that you don’t need to delete registry entries or library.
Earlier uninstalling the Spotify app, yous need to clear cache and data. It helps you lot remove all related data and files completely from the Android device. The following steps are intended for Android version half-dozen.0 and higher up.
- Go to Settings, tap on Apps.
- Curlicue down for Spotify and click on the app.
- Tap on Storage, select Articulate Enshroud and Clear Data button.
- Tap the back arrow, then select Uninstall.
- Look for a moment until the uninstallation is finished.
- Restart your Android telephone and Spotify is completely removed from your device.
What if Spotify is a pre-installed app? The pre-installed app means an awarding that is installed from the manufacturer and there is no way to uninstall the app unless you root the device. Fortunately, yous can keep it out of sight past disabling the application. The steps below should assist yous disable pre-installed Spotify.
- Become to Settings, navigate to Apps.
- Scroll down and tap on Spotify.
- You will see the Disable button, tap on it.
- Now your awarding is disabled and information technology won’t appear on your app screen.
This is a smart solution to get rid of Spotify without rooting your device. You lot won’t meet the application and it will non run on your background every bit well.
How to Uninstall Spotify on iPhone
Every bit with other devices, removing Spotify on iPhone volition not give you a headache. Though y’all have a number of steps to exercise, they are pretty simple and easy. Whether you want to completely wipe out Spotify from your life or want to reinstall the app, the post-obit method should help you out.
- Open your Spotify app, and then go to Settings.
- Tap on Storage and choose Delete Enshroud.
- Remove Spotify from all devices, tap dorsum arrow to exit from the app.
- Become to phone Settings, select General.
- Choose iPhone Storage, then tap Spotify.
- Select Offload the app, so confirm. Your Spotify app volition be deleted but the documents stay.
- Select the Delete app and confirm. This will delete whatever documents and data left on your device.
- Plow off the device, expect a few minutes and turn on over again.
- Spotify is completely removed from your iPhone.
Now that you know how to uninstall Spotify from diverse devices, it’due south fourth dimension to remove your Spotify app. While uninstalling the app from Settings is not enough, you lot need to delete all related folders and files to make sure the application is completely removed from the device. Whether you want to get rid of information technology or reinstall later, knowing the higher up methods should be helpful.