If you are playing Minecraft, you may want to install OptiFine mod, which can improve Minecraft functioning. However, some people report that they have encountered
OptiFine installer not working
outcome. In this post, MiniTool Partition Sorcerer offers 4 ways to fix the OptiFine not installing problem.
OptiFine Installer Non Working
OptiFine is 1 of the almost downloaded Minecraft mods ever made. It not but helps you run Minecraft fast with no lag, simply likewise can increase the graphics of Minecraft, making it look admittedly cute.
Withal, some people may meet OptiFine not installing upshot. The possible causes of this issue include:
- The downloaded OptiFine file is incorrect or you didn’t unzip the file.
- The OptiFine installation process is wrong.
- A special file opening method is required.
- The .jar association has been hijacked.
To solve the OptiFine installer not working issue, you can refer to the following methods.
Fix 1. Download Correct OptiFine
Please download the OptiFine file from optifine.net. The OptiFine file from this website should be safer and more reliable than files you download from other sites. In add-on, the OptiFine file should be a .jar file. If your downloaded file is a .rar file, yous should unzip it first.
Fix 2. Perform Right OptiFine Installation Procedure
To install OptiFine smoothly, delight make sure yous have completed the post-obit steps:
- Make sure y’all take Java installed.
- Please install the most recent version of Minecraft.
- Before installing OptiFine, make sure you have launched the version of Minecraft you want to install OptiFine for at least once from the Minecraft Launcher.
- Make sure that the Minecraft Launcher is closed before installing OptiFine.
- Double-click the OptiFine .jar file. It volition open up OptiFine Installer. Click
to showtime the installation process.
Fix three. Attempt Other File Opening Methods
If you take tried the above methods, but OptiFine won’t open even so. You can try using other methods to open up the OptiFine Installer file, for example:
- Correct-click the OptiFine file and choose
Open up with
Java (TM) Platform SE binary.
- Some people also suggest you try using control to run the OptiFine Installer file. Press
Windows primal + R, blazon “cmd” in that box, type “cd + filepath” to open the binder where the OptiFine is stored, and then type “java -jar [name of Optifine file, replacing whatever spaces with underscores].jar” to run the .jar file.
Fix 4. Fix Hijacked .jar Association
In about cases, the OptiFine installer not working issue is caused by hijacked .jar clan. In full general, .jar files will be assigned to javaw.exe, which is the right programme to execute a .jar file. However, some programs, especially many naught/unzip programs, will steal .jar file type, because a jar is stored in the .nada format.
To solve this problem, you can use the following ii ways:
- Reinstall Coffee. Please uninstall Coffee. And then, download the latest Java version and install it. This volition ready some bugs.
- Utilise jarfix.exe programme. This program can help you restore the .jar association with javaw.exe easily. Please open up https://johann.loefflmann.net/en/software/jarfix/index.html. Then, follow the guide to download and use the jarfix.exe program.