The ‘Your device isn’t compatible with this version‘ mistake is still a prevalent issue on Android, fifty-fifty with the fact that the Android distribution has gotten ameliorate over the latest years. And while some users become this error for practiced reason (their phone doesn’t support the app they’re trying to install), other users are seeing this error message with every app that they’re trying to install.
Later on examining this issue in-depth, we’ve uncovered a series of potential culprits that are likely responsible for this trouble. Here’s a short list of bug that might lead to the apparition of the ‘Your device isn’t uniform with this version’ on an Android device:
Outdated phone’s firmware
– If you’ve just switched your telephone on afterward a long period of inactivity, chances are Google is denying you access to the Google Play Store in club to ‘protect’ you from a security exploit. In this example, the ready is equally unproblematic as installing the latest firmware version bachelor from your smartphone manufacturer.
Corrupted Google Play Store cache or storage
– It’s not uncommon to encounter this upshot occurring due to some kind of corrupted data stored in the storage or cache folder associated with the Google Play Store app. In both cases, the set up lies in clearing these folders allowing the app to launch with no remnant files and dependencies.
Android app is not supported past your phone
– There’s as well the possibility that this error is genuine and your telephone is only not equipped to support this app. Fortunately, in most cases, y’all tin can just download the APK from an external website and sideload it to your Android phone. But be prepared for functioning bug and crashes if your telephone internals are way below the minimum requirements
Now that you are familiar with every potential crusade of the ‘Your device isn’t compatible with this version’,let’due south go over a series of verified fixes that other affected users accept successfully used to fix this trouble:
Update your phone’s firmware (if applicable)
As it turns out, 1 of the most common instances that will produce the ‘Your device isn’t compatible with this version’error is a situation in which you’re just starting your telephone after a long period of inactivity.
In that location accept been a number of security exploits for Android that Google has patched over the year by mandatory firmware updates that smartphone manufacturers need to push.
If yous endeavour to download stuff from the Google Play Store on a telephone with firmware that doesn’t include these mandatory security updates, you volition see this mistake bulletin for every app that y’all attempt to download.
This is normally the case with Android phones that have been just switched on after years of inactivity.
To resolve this issue, you’ll need to install the latest firmware version available from your telephone manufacturer. The instructions on doing so will be different from the manufacturer, but the general steps are the aforementioned.
Follow the instructions below for instructions on how to update your Android’s firmware version to the latest:
- From the dwelling screen of your Android device, tap on the
- Once you lot’re inside the
screen, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on the
- Inside the
tab, whorl downwardly to the bottom of the settings menu and tap on
Some manufacturers will have the system updating function under
- Wait until the browse is complete.
- If a new firmware version is available, you volition be prompted to install information technology. Do and so and wait until your Android device reboots to meet if the problem is now fixed.
If you lot’re still seeing the same ‘Your device isn’t compatible with this version’error, move down to the adjacent potential fix below.
Clearing the Cache and Storage of Google Play Store
If you’ve previously made certain that you have the latest security firmware updates installed on your Android telephone, you should plow your attention to Google Play Store.
It’s not uncommon to bargain with this kind of issue (Your device isn’t uniform with this version) considering of an effect rooted in some temporary files that the Google Play Store has accumulated recently.
If this scenario is applicable, you should exist able to resolve the result past accessing the App Info tab of the Google Play Store and clearing both the Storage and Cache data. Some users have reported that the issue was fixed subsequently doing this and restarting their Android device.
Follow the instructions below for step-by-step guidance on how to exercise this:
- From the home screen of your Android device, tap on the
- Once you’re inside the
screen, tap on
Apps & Modifications.
Under certain telephone manufacturers, you’ll only observe this choice named simply
- Inside the apps menu, apply the search function at the top to observe the
Google Play Shop
- From the list of results, tap on
Google Play Store.
- Once you’re inside the App Info menu of Google Play Store, tap on
Storage & cache
from the listing of available options beneath.
- Tap on
and ostend your selection to successfully get rid of any remnant storage data that your telephone keeps in regards of the Google Play Store.
- Side by side, tap on
and confirm your choice to clear the enshroud data too.
- Afterward both the storage and the cache has been cleared for Google Play Store, reboot your Android phone and see if the trouble is stock-still once the next startup is complete.
If the same ‘Your device isn’t uniform with this version’error is notwithstanding occurring, move downwardly to the side by side potential fix beneath.
Sideload the App APK
In one case you’ve made sure that the problem is not occurring due to a firmware issue or due to corrupted temporary data associated with the Google Play Store app, you can probably assume that the ‘Your device isn’t compatible with this version’error is occurring because your phone genuinely doesn’t support this app – or at least that’s what Google says.
In reality, you tin can probably still sideload the APK of the app that is giving you this error and run information technology on your Android device. Simply exist prepared for performance problems and fifty-fifty unexpected crashes as in that location’s probably a reason why Google restricts the download of this particular app for your device.
There are a lot of sites that volition allow y’all to bypass the Google Play Shop and sideload the app that is throwing this error, but our recommendation is to stick to the website we’re mentioning below in society to avoid malware or adware.
Follow the instructions below to sideload the APK of the problematic app on the Android device that is throwing the ‘Your device isn’t compatible with this version’fault:
- On your Android device, open upwards your preferred browser and admission the home page of
- Once you’re within, apply the search function to detect the APK of the app that is giving you lot troubles on the Google Play store.
- From the listing of results, tap on the application that y’all’re trying to sideload.
- Once you get to the next screen, tap on
Download APKfrom the list of available options.
For bigger games, you might need to download the
instead (APK + OBB files).
when you meet the prompt, then wait until the download is complete.
- Later the download is consummate, tap on
- Now, if you haven’t enabled the installation from unknown sources before, you lot’ll get a prompt saying that your phone is non allowed to do this. In this case, tap on
to change that.
- Inside the
screen that has only opened, enable the toggle associated with
Allow from this source.
- Get dorsum to the sideloading prompt and hit
to complete the sideloading of the app that was previously showing y’all the ‘Your device isn’t compatible with this version’error