This wikiHow teaches you how to download games to your PSP. Your PSP can play both PSP and PS1 games. In order to download PSP games, you need to make sure your PSP has the latest firmware. You volition likewise need to install custom firmware. You volition too need a manner to connect your PSP or Memory Stick Duo to your computer.
Warning: Downloading custom firmware and ISO files tin be harmful to your PSP. Download games and custom firmware at your own adventure.
Things You Should Know
- Update your PSP first, install custom firmware, and then run “Fast Recovery” from the Game menu.
- Find a website with PSP ISOs like Free Roms or Emuparadise and search for a game y’all want earlier downloading it.
- Connect your PSP to your computer and create a folder called “ISO” on the PSP. Then, extract the PSP rar files, re-create ISO files to your PSP, and disconnect information technology.
Update your PSP Firmware
Earlier you lot begin, make sure your PSP is running the latest firmware version 6.61. If your PSP is able to connect to the internet, you can update it over the internet by selecting
bill of fare. Otherwise, use the following steps to update your PSP:
- Download the latest firmware version to your computer.
- Connect your PSP to your computer with a USB, or insert your Memory Stick Duo.
- If your reckoner does non accept a retentiveness card reader, y’all can utilise an external card reader or purchase a Memory Stick Duo micro-SD card adapter for apply with your PSP, and use a micro-SD USB adapter for employ on your computer.
- If you are using a new memory stick with your PSP, select the
menu in your PSP, and and then select
Format Memory Stick
to format the memory bill of fare for use with your PSP.
- Open the “PSP” folder on your PSP or Memory Stick Duo.
- Open the “GAME” folder in the PSP folder.
- Create a new folder called “UPDATE”.
- Disconnect your PSP from your calculator or reinsert Memory Stick Duo.
- Select the Game menu on your PSP’s home screen (XMB).
- Select the “Memory Stick” option in the
- Select the
Install Custom Firmware for your PSP.
In add-on to having the latest firmware, you also demand to download custom firmware for PSP firmware 6.61. Use the following steps to install custom firmware on your PSP:
- Go to this website.
- You can too search for
PSP 6.61 cfw
- You can too search for
- Scroll down and click the link that says
Download the PSP half dozen.61 PRO-C2 custom firmware.
- Connect your PSP to your estimator with a USB, or insert your Memory Stick Duo in your bill of fare reader or USB adapter.
- Open the “PSP” binder on your PSP or Memory Stick Duo.
- Open the “GAME” folder in the PSP folder.
- Unzip the contents of the “PSP 6.61 Pro” custom firmware folder and copy the contents to the Game folder.
- Disconnect your PSP or reinsert your Memory Stick Duo back in your PSP.
- Select the Game carte on your PSP’southward home screen (XMB).
- Run the “Pro Update” awarding in the Game menu.
- Restart your PSP.
- Go to this website.
Run “Fast Recovery” from the Game menu.
You will need to do this each time you lot restart your PSP to reactivate the custom firmware.
Find a website that has PSP ISOs.
PSP ISOs are the disk images that PSP games use. There are many websites that permit you lot download PSP ISOs. Yous can search
in Google to search for websites that have PSP ISOs for download.
- Some websites include Emuparadise, Free Roms, or Roms Mania.
Warning: Many free game and ROM sites are notorious for containing viruses and malware. Make sure you have antivirus software installed on your computer and that it is up to date before downloading PSP ISO or ROMS on your figurer. Run a virus browse after you download your games.
Search for a game to download.
Many download websites have a listing of letters you lot tin can click to scan for games alphabetically. You lot can as well use the search bar to search for a game past name.
Download the game ISO.
Once you choose a game download, click on the game title. Then click on the download links. You may be able to choose a specific download source or mirror; if and then, click one and wait for the download to offset.
- Some games are split in 3-4 parts depending on the size. If a game is split, you demand to download all parts.
Connect your PSP or Memory Stick Duo to your estimator.
Connect your PSP to your figurer using the USB cable, or connect your Retention Stick Duo to your calculator using a bill of fare reader drive, or using a USB adapter.
Create a new folder chosen “ISO” on the Retentiveness Stick or PSP.
This is the folder you volition copy your PSP games to.
Extract the PSP rar files
on your computer.
When you lot download PSP games, they are usually downloaded in RAR format. The RAR file contains the ISO files for your games. You demand a program such as WinZip or WinRAR to extract RAR files.
- Y’all tin can extract RAR files for free using seven-zilch.
Copy the ISO files to the “ISO” folder on your PSP or Memory Stick Duo.
When you have finished extracting the ISO files, copy the files to the ISO folder on your PSP or Memory Stick Duo.
- If the game has many ISO files, you will need to copy all of them to the ISO folder.
- If you are downloading PS1 games, you will need to copy those files to the “PSP” folder on your PSP or Memory Stick Duo. Non the ISO binder.
Disconnect your PSP or reinsert your Memory Stick Duo.
Later on you have finished copy the ISO files to the ISO folder, disconnect your PSP from your computer, or eject your Memory Stick Duo and reinsert it into your PSP.
Select the “Game” card on your PSP.
Use the XMB to select the “Game” menu.
Select the Retentivity Stick option.
This folder contains all the games yous have installed on your Memory Stick.
Select the game you downloaded to open it.
If the game installed correctly, it should appear in your list of games. You lot tin open it the same as you would for whatever game on your PSP.[ane]
Add New Question
How tin I put games on my PSP’s SD menu?
Buy a PSP memory card adapter and attach your PSP memory card to it. Put it on your PC and then copy and paste the PSP ROMs (ISO, CSO, etc.) that yous want. Then remove the memory card and put it back in your PSP.
How practice I install games?
This depends on whether you are buying an original game or downloading a game from any website that provides PSP ROMs. If yous are buying original, simply complete your purchase on the PSN (which you lot can connect via your PSP device) and then the game will be downloaded and installed to your device automatically. if yous are downloading from a website similar Emuparadise, just follow the instruction provided in the website.
Can I download this through a smart phone?
Yes, it is possible. A little more than hard, though. It is improve to employ the PPSSPP emulator on your smartphone/tablet.
Come across more answers
Enquire a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
Estimate the time of your Download like 100mb = 1 hour so if it is 212 mb, it’due south likely to be two hours or so.
Equally a modest thank you lot, nosotros’d like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). Use it to try out bang-up new products and services nationwide without paying full price—wine, nutrient delivery, article of clothing and more. Enjoy!
Thanks for submitting a tip for review!
Some downloads accept fourth dimension to finish. It’due south like [100mb = ane hour]
Every bit a small thank you, we’d like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). Utilise it to attempt out smashing new products and services nationwide without paying full toll—wine, food delivery, clothing and more. Savour!
Some files you download may contain virus. Browse the files using your Antivirus Software.
As a pocket-size thanks, we’d like to offering you a $xxx gift carte (valid at GoNift.com). Use it to endeavor out great new products and services nationwide without paying full cost—wine, food delivery, clothing and more. Enjoy!
Things You lot’ll Demand
- A Estimator
- Net Connection
- a PSP
- A PSP cablevision
Well-nigh This Article
To download a PSP game, start by installing a custom firmware, like PSP vi.61, if you lot haven’t already, so you lot can run virtual discs. Once you’ve installed a custom firmware, go to a PSP ISO website on your computer, like Free Roms or Roms Mania. Then, search for a specific game or browse the website’s catalogue for one you like and download it. If the file is an RAR, extract the files using a program like WinZip to get the raw ISO. Hook upwardly your PSP to your computer and copy the file to a folder called “ISO” on your PSP to make your game playable.
For more tips, including how to install a client firmware for your PSP stride by step, read on!
Did this summary help you?
Thanks to all authors for creating a folio that has been read 562,752 times.
Did this article assist you?