Facebook app is now total of reels — brusk videos that sometimes play in the feed. You tin can hide reels on Facebook, but they volition announced again the adjacent fourth dimension you open the app.
Reels are videos that are shared with Facebook Stories and are automatically shared with your friends on Facebook and Instagram.
Fifty-fifty if these short videos are enjoyable for many, those who use Facebook primarily to make connections may discover them very distracting and irritating.
As well, most reels often have offensive or vulgar content that you might non desire to prove upwards on your feed.
Luckily, there are easy ways to stop reel videos from being on the platform. This commodity will examine six simple means to eliminate or turn off Facebook reels.
How to Stop Reels in Facebook: Six Different Methods
Unfortunately, in that location isn’t a specific way to turn off reels on Facebook correct now. The three-dot menu has a “Hide” button, simply it doesn’t do much. All the same, if you desire to hide them, here are steps yous tin can endeavour:
1. Use Facebook’due south Older Versions
The easiest way to plow off curt videos on Facebook is to use an older site version that doesn’t support them. Yous might miss out on some new features or changes, just information technology’s worth it for people who tin’t stand the annoying videos.
- Get rid of the latest Facebook app.
- On your phone, open up the Google Play Store.
- Look for Facebook and click on it.
- Tap “Uninstall” and “Aye” once again to go rid of it.
Alternatively, you can:
- Tap and hold the symbol for the Facebook app.
- Click on “Remove.”
- Click “OK” to get rid of the app.
You lot tin also choose to:
- Open up your Android phone’due south settings.
- Go to Apps & Notifications and click on “Testify all apps.”
- Search for Facebook and click on it.
- Click “Uninstall” to get rid of the app.
Some devices come with the Facebook app pre-installed. In that instance, you lot’ll need to get to settings and turn off the app.
two. Install the APK File
Like any other program, you can install Facebook’southward APK file by following the on-screen instructions.
It may warn you about side loading (APK) apps for the offset time. To enable the installation of apps from unknown sources, go to Settings on your browser.
3. Disable Facebook’s Motorcar-Updates
- Launch the Google Play Shop on your mobile device.
- Observe Facebook and open it.
- To admission the menu, click the three dots in the upper correct.
- To turn off automatic updates, deselect the relevant checkbox.
four. Disable Autoplay for Reels and Curt Videos
Plough off autoplay in Settings if yous don’t mind Facebook short videos showing up in your feed but don’t want them playing automatically. Information technology is possible to practice then as follows:
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android device.
- Click the hamburger carte in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Whorl down and select Media.
- Enable “Never Autoplay Videos” under Autoplay.
5. Access Facebook From Your Browser
Some other alternative is to admission Facebook through your browser. The Facebook mobile site does non back up short videos or extras like audio and video rooms.
If you lot prefer a clutter-costless Facebook experience, use the spider web version and make a quick dwelling house screen shortcut. Here’s how to practice information technology:
- Launch Google Chrome on your smartphone.
- If you haven’t already, go to one thousand.facebook.com and sign in using your Facebook account.
- In the top correct corner, tap the three-dot menu.
- Select “Add to Home Screen.”
6. Third-Party Facebook Apps
If you find using Facebook in the browser too slow, y’all can experiment with the Facebook clients. At that place are diverse third-party Facebook apps available that provide additional features and customization choices.
You won’t encounter those obnoxious reels or rooms here because almost of these apps are spider web-wrappers. SlimSocial, Phoenix, Friendly Social Browser, and others are pop Facebook clients.
How to Hide Your Instagram Reels From Facebook
As previously said, Facebook encourages Instagram reels on its platform. If you lot’re a reel maker and don’t desire Facebook to broadcast your movies on its app, take the following steps:
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Navigate to the Profile tab.
- Click the hamburger menu and so “Settings.”
- Click “Privacy” and then “Reels.”
- Disable the “Facebook Recommend” button.
To Wrap Up
At present that you have learned how to stop reels on Facebook, y’all can return to enjoying your personal life and business without distractions.
How to Change Profile Name on Facebook
Are y’all considering changing your Facebook name? The comprehensive pace-past-step didactics is provided hither. One of the most well-known social…