With over one billion active users, Instagram is i of the best social media networks to advertise your concern, attain new audiences, and abound brand awareness. And so even if you aren’t active on the website however, it’s never besides late to adopt an Instagram strategy in your marketing plan.
If you’re ready to start sharing content through this channel, we’ve got you lot covered. Hither, we’ve cultivated a quick-and-like shooting fish in a barrel guide to posting on Instagram, to ensure yous tin begin attracting the attention of your audience with Instagram marketing.
How to Post on Instagram
- Tap the + icon at the top of your screen.
- Choose a photo or video from your library or shoot ane in the app.
- Mail service multiple images on Instagram.
- Crop the image.
- Choice a filter.
- Edit your photo.
- Type your caption.
- Use hashtags for mail optimization.
- Tag friends.
- Add your location.
- Play with emojis.
- Share the mail service on other social media platforms.
- Edit the post.
Posting to Instagram consistently can help businesses detect resonance with their audience and abound better, but doing information technology right is just as important. Hither’s how to postal service to your Instagram account pace-past-step.
Pace 1. Tap the + icon at the pinnacle of your screen.
Meet that plus sign [+] in the epitome above? That’s your starting point. See that post from our culture account? That’south your endpoint. Click that plus sign and you’ll be ready for the next stride, below.
Step 2. Choose a photo or video from your library or shoot one in the app.
Instagram volition show you the photos already saved to your telephone. Choose one of those to post. Alternatively, y’all tin can click on the camera icon to take a photo or video within the Instagram app itself, if you don’t already have an image you desire to utilize.
Once you select and ingather an image (or carousel of multiple images), click the arrow button in the peak correct corner of the app.
Step 3. Post multiple images on Instagram.
Do you have multiple photos and want to highlight them all? Instagram allows you to do this with its carousel feature.
As you become to tap a photo or video, beginning tap the icon just in a higher place your photos to the right that looks like stacked squares. Once you tap this, you lot’ll see a number on the corner of every image or video you tap. This number notes where the content will testify up in the carousel.
Pace iv. Crop the prototype.
You aren’t limited to just a square image on Instagram. You can actually share horizontal or vertical images as well. To get more of your prototype seen, pinch the screen of the photo you lot’ve selected on the Library screen.
Even so, while Instagram does allow vertical and horizontal options, the images however need to fit into some specific dimensions. So, you might nonetheless need to crop a tiny fleck of your photo to get it to fit.
Pace five. Option a filter.
Instagram offers 24 filters — scroll to the right to peruse your options, and click on one to preview how it will look on your photograph.
Past default, the filter volition be applied past full force. Even so, if yous want to scale dorsum the intensity of the filter, double click the filter tile once it’due south been applied, and a scale selector will appear, assuasive you to downplay the consequence.
You lot tin can also tap the magic wand at the pinnacle of the screen to adjust the photo farther.
(Take a look at our Ultimate Guide to Instagram Filters to larn more).
Step 6. Edit your photograph.
You can besides click “Edit” at the bottom right to suit the image to your specifications.
Hither are the editing options that come built into Instagram for you:
– This helps subtly rotate the paradigm along the center plane, giving it a tilt either to the left or right co-ordinate to the linear scale at the lesser of the screen.
– This helps lighten or darken the prototype. All you have to do is pull the selector to the left to darken or to the right to lighten.
– This helps to increase or decrease the intensity of the epitome’s colors. Pull the selector to the left for less contrast (a dulling effect) or to the right for more contrast (a higher intensity event).
– This helps to add an Hard disk-similar effect to the image, bringing out specific details in your photo. Drag the selector to the correct to help the image “pop.”
– This helps you adjust the temperature of the photo. Drag the selector to the left to increase cool tones in the image, or drag the selector to the right to increase the warm tones in the paradigm.
– This helps you adjust the saturation of the colors in your paradigm. Drag the selector to the left to desaturate the image (all the way to the left if you want a monochrome look), or elevate the selector to the right for extremely saturated colors.
– This gives you a number of colour options to overlay over your prototype for interesting color effects. Simply select your colour choice and see how it changes the image in the preview box.
– This softens the intensity of the blacks in your prototype to create an “aged” photograph effect. Simply drag the selector to the right for a higher degree of fade.
– This helps you control the intensity of the highlights in your image. Dragging the selector to the left volition darken the highlights in your epitome while dragging the selector to the correct volition lighten the highlights in your image.
– This helps you control the intensity of the shadows in your prototype. Dragging the selector to the left will darken the shadows in your image while dragging the selector to the right will lighten the shadows in your image.
– This darkens the corners of the image, leaving a circle shape in the center. Drag the selector all the way to the right for the nigh dramatic vignette.
– This helps mistiness the edges of the image in a radial or linear way, drawing focus to the details in the eye of the paradigm.
– This helps sharpen certain details of the image, bringing a more dramatic look to subtler elements in the photo.
Step 7. Blazon your caption.
Get creative and write a overnice, interesting caption to go with your photo. Since text tin can help optimize your post in Instagram’s search, writing something tin only benefit you.
Stride 8. Utilise hashtags for post optimization.
With Instagram’s search feature, users can search by hashtags. So, you should brand certain to write relevant hashtags in your caption. If someone does a search of a hashtag you lot placed in your explanation, they might observe your postal service as well every bit others that included the same one.
Stride 9. Tag friends.
Want your friend or their followers to see a photo that you posted of the two of yous? Tag them!
On the new post page, you tin can click “Tag People” to tag other Instagram accounts in your post. Alternatively, you can include their handle (or their username beginning with an @ symbol) in your caption.
Step 10. Add your location.
If you lot’re on a fun holiday or at a dandy event and you don’t experience like including that information in your caption, you tin marking where you are in another way. On the new mail service page, tap “Add Location” to put a location on your image (which makes it easier for people to find your post).
When you lot post an epitome or video with a location, it volition show upwards between your name and the block of content on the feed.
Footstep eleven. Play with emojis.
Emojis are fun and tin make your caption more eye-catching. If yous know of a few relevant emojis that could fit with your post, stick them in the caption area. For example, if you lot’re posting a holiday photo, you could include a palm tree 🌴 or a plane ✈️ to show y’all flew somewhere.
Hither are the top Instagram emojis you can use:
However, keep in mind that there’due south a multitude of choices to add flair to your posts, from keeping it real 💯 to the blench face 😬.
Be sure not to go overboard and post emojis only for the sake of posting them. If y’all postal service a bowling emoji along with a photo of a beach, that obviously won’t brand sense to people. Similarly, if you post 20 emojis that loosely relate to a mail, yous might just badger your followers or come up off equally desperate.
Footstep 12. Share the post on other social media platforms.
Finally, if you want to share your content on your other, connected social media sites (like Facebook or Twitter), simply slide the bar from the left to the right.
When you’re set up to mail, click “Share” in the pinnacle right.
Instagram Saved Drafts
If you’re non ready to post correct away, you can also salvage it to your Instagram Saved Drafts. Just become back to the filtering and editing step, tap the back pointer in the top left, and select “Save Draft.”
Step xiii. Edit the post.
Typos happen to everyone! If you just posted something and notice a glaring spelling error, don’t panic. Simply tap the three dots that announced on the right across from your name, then tap “Edit.”
Make the adjustments you see fit and save them then it reflects on your Instagram. Otherwise, your mail service is complete and live for everyone to meet.
Grow Your Audience on Instagram Today
Now that you know how to postal service to Instagram, you lot tin begin creating content for the platform and connecting with your audience. If you lot’re a business or brand, you’ll desire a solid strategy for earning date and awareness.
Editor’s notation: This postal service was originally published in Nov 2019 and has been updated for comprehensiveness.
Originally published Dec 30, 2021 7:00:00 AM, updated December xxx 2021