Phone manufacturers across the globe produced some amazing devices in 2021, despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Each telephone boasts new features, improved designs, and alternate models to better suit your preferences. These devices don’t come cheap, then most buyers will likely have to choose merely one. We’re reviewing some of the best smartphones of 2021 to help you narrow down your options.
The iPhone 13 (and its various models)
The newest incarnation of Apple’south flagship iPhone was undoubtedly 1 of the most highly anticipated new smartphones of 2021. The company traditionally introduces three or four versions of their latest iPhone annually, and this year was no exception. Apple released the iPhone 13, the iPhone 13 mini, the iPhone 13 Pro, and the iPhone xiii Pro Max in September.
Each model varies in size and capability, but many features are uniform throughout. Several standout features include:
- 5G Mobile Network capability
- 12-megapixel forepart and rear-facing camera.
- A15 Bionic chip for enhanced processing power.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with fast charge capability (l% bombardment with 30-35 minute accuse).
- Memory capacity ranges from 128 gigabytes to one terabyte of space (iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max).
- MagSafe compatibility and wireless charging capability.
- Face ID, 6-meter h2o resistance, and a ceramic shield display.
The COVID-19 pandemic created supply chain shortages all through the year, causing scarcities in every article from food to clothes to phones. The iPhone thirteen has managed to retain its value ameliorate than whatsoever previous iPhone because of the ongoing global bit shortage. The iPhone thirteen is pricier than previous models every bit a consequence of this shortage (a standard iPhone thirteen costs $799), but its resell price should also exist much higher than previous models.
While the foldable phone was initially a bit of a hazard, information technology was i that Samsung boldly undertook. The Galaxy Fold’s initial launch peaked a lot of interest, though it came with its fair share of durability and battery life bug.
Thankfully, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 was released in September of 2020 and proved to be a giant leap forward thanks to its larger front screen, increased durability, and standard 5G feature. The Samsung Milky way Fold3 picks up where its predecessor left off by bringing several new features into the fold):
- A 6.ii″ folded screen and a vii.half-dozen″ unfolded screen.
- A new South Pen with 4096 pressure levels.
- An under-front console camera and a rear triple camera with Wide, Ultra-wide, and Telephoto lenses.
- 128 gigabytes of RAM with 256-512 gigabytes of storage.
- A side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The Z Fold3 was announced on Baronial 11th, so released on Baronial 27th. Information technology launched with a hefty price tag of $1,799, though Samsung also hosts trade-in promotions to brand this phablet (smartphone + tablet) more affordable.
The Sony Xperia one Three
Sony released several premium smartphones this year, but the Sony Xperia 1 III is easily a standout. This follow-up to last twelvemonth’s Sony Xperia 1 Two, maintains many of the aforementioned design features equally its predecessor while besides bringing new features to the plate. Xperia 1 2 fans will be delighted to know that the Xperia ane 3 also has front-facing speakers, a iii.5 mm headphone jack, and dust and waterproof resilience.
The Xperia 1 III’due south potentially greatest feature is its camera; this is the first smartphone to possess a variable periscope telephoto lens that tin can shoot in 70 millimeters or fifty-fifty 105 millimeters. Other standout features include:
- An increased refresh charge per unit from 60Hz to 120Hz
- A “21:ix, world’s first CinemaWide 4K HDR 10-bit 120Hz OLED”
- Photograph Pro and Movie theatre Pro modes
- The extremely powerful octa-cadre Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset
Many photographers and filmmakers adore the Xperia 1 3 and herald information technology equally Sony’due south greatest flagship smartphone nevertheless.
The OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro
OnePlus released their new flagship phones – the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro – on March 26, 2021. These phones initially encountered controversy due to throttling problems earlier this year. These issues have since been resolved, which allows the OnePlus ix Series to shine.
Both the OnePlus ix and both variants of the nine Pro boast some impressive specs:
- A vi.55-inch (6.7-inch with the 9 Pro) Full HD+ 120Hz brandish
- 8K and 4K video capture support
- A Sony IMX quad-lens photographic camera
- Water resistance for upwards to 30 minutes in 1.5 meters
- Snapdragon 888 processor, with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage
Most pundits agree that OnePlus has taken things to the next level with their pricier, yet premium, OnePlus 9 Series phones.
The Google Pixel 6 and the 6 Pro
The Google Pixel 6 is one of the more than affordable premium smartphones on the market. Unlike many competitors such equally the iPhone 13 or the Xperia 1 Iii, the standard Pixel 6 has a dual-camera organization. However, the Pixel 6’s strongest feature is hands its Tensor chip – a arrangement that specializes in neural network automobile learning.
Other attractive features of the Pixel 6 and the half dozen Pro include:
- FHD+ Shine Display
- 128 gigabytes of storage
- A tactile blend frame (Pixel 6) and a polish blend frame (Pixel half dozen Pro)
- Wireless fast-charging and 24-hour bombardment life
- A fingerprint scanner and Titan M2 bit & security core
Google continues to print with its line of innovative smartphones. The Pixel 6 and the Pixel 6 Pro are incredibly versatile devices that can compete with their contemporaries on even footing.