Snapchat’s popularity stems from the platform’s dedication to user privacy. Videos and images uploaded to the platform typically disappear inside 24 hours. While the messaging feature has made the app more user-friendly, the disability to unsend pictures and videos is a huge drawback. The skillful news is there’s a way to end other types of content from reaching other Snapchat users.
Continue reading to acquire whether it’s possible to unsend a snap and how to delete snaps you lot’d rather continue to yourself.
Tin can You Unsend a Snap?
Snapchat offers its users no way of unsending video and picture snaps. Yet, the platform does allow users to retract other kinds of content. While there’s no “unsend” feature, you accept the selection of deleting messages. Unsending them is more than convenient, especially if you’ve sent something to the wrong person by mistake.
While deleting the snap will remove it, each member of the chat will be notified that a sent file has been removed. They won’t know the contents of the bulletin, but they’ll still be notified something was wiped from the chat.
You lot can remove the following files from your Snapchat conversations:
- Text Messages
- Audio Files
- Image and Video Files Sent Through the Retentiveness Tab
When y’all forrard pictures and videos to your Snapchat contacts, information technology’s impossible to reverse the action. Snapchat lets users delete images and videos they’ve posted as Snapchat Stories. If you’re using the Memory tab to transport pictures and videos to friends, you take the option of deleting them. This is because these files have been stored or uploaded from your mobile device.
People who nevertheless employ older versions of the Snapchat app have shared their experiences attempting to unsend images and videos. If you still haven’t switched to a newer version of Snapchat, these tips might help you lot delete image and video snaps after you’ve sent them:
- Brand sure your device is operating in airplane mode.
- Remove the recipient from your Snapchat friend listing.
- Log out of your business relationship.
- Block the snap recipient.
- Delete the app from your device.
- Deactivate your Snapchat account or delete it.
These suggestions will only be helpful if you lot’re using an older Snapchat version. Testing them on newer versions won’t be effective because sent snaps are transferred to the cloud quickly. This means that any try to remove the snap volition be ineffective. It will disappear just when the recipient opens it, and Snapchat clears it from its servers.
While you tin’t retract images and videos, yous tin still delete messages. This feature is especially handy when you want to correct a typo or modify the bulletin’due south contents. Additionally, it allows you to cake the content from reaching the wrong person as sending mistakes oftentimes happen on social media apps.
Deleting a snap before it’s been read by the recipient is a relatively straightforward process. It tin be done in grouping conversations and chats with one other person. You can do so past using both Android and iOS devices.
How to Unsend a Snap on an iPhone
If you’re snapping on your iPhone, y’all can retract your snap and ensure information technology doesn’t achieve the wrong people. Whether you’re chatting with one person or a group of several people, y’all tin delete the snap using your iPhone.
To delete a snap sent to a single recipient:
- Enter your Snapchat messaging section and navigate to the conversation where yous sent the message.
- Tap the chat where you sent the message and curlicue until you’ve located it.
- Tap and hold the message with your finger.
- Select the “Delete” option.
- The app will prompt you to ostend your determination. Click “Delete” again to complete the action.
Before performing this action, wait at the bottom of the snap to check whether the other person has opened it. When the other person has seen it, deleting it won’t brand much sense.
To delete a snap from a group conversation:
- Go to your Snapchat conversations and select the conversation where you sent the snap.
- Tap the conversation to aggrandize information technology and scroll through the conversation until y’all find the message you lot desire to delete.
- Printing and agree the snap using your finger.
- Cull the “Delete” option.
- Tap the regal-colored “Delete” pop-up box when prompted to confirm this action.
Before deleting the snap, check whether Snapchat has marked it as open. If the other chat members have already viewed it, they’ll know what you’ve removed from the conversation. Unless you’ve been quick and deleted the snap before they managed to open it, be fix to reply some questions. Each member of the chat volition see a snap was wiped and will probably desire to know what information technology was.
How to Unsend a Snap on an Android
Snapchat’s Android app lets users remove snaps from grouping chats and conversations with one other user.
Hither’s how to delete a snap from a chat with one other user:
- Visit your Snapchat messaging section and select the conversation where the snap was sent.
- Search through the messages until you lot spot the snap you lot want to delete.
- Hold down the message with your finger.
- Printing the “Delete” button.
- Tap “Delete” again when the platform prompts you to ostend the action.
If the chat says that the recipient has seen the bulletin, deleting it might cause some defoliation. Before post-obit these steps, ever cheque the status of the snap.
To remove a snap from a group chat:
- Go into your Snapchat conversations and discover the thread where you sent the snap.
- Click on the chat and search for the snap you wish to delete.
- Place your finger over the message and concord for a few seconds until you lot see a list of options.
- Select “Delete” from the pop-up list.
- Press “Delete” once more to ensure the snap will exist removed from the chat.
If the group hasn’t seen the message earlier y’all remove it, they won’t find out its contents. Still, they might ask you about it, and then you lot should be prepared to answer a few questions about what you deleted.
How to Unsend a Snap on an iPad
Snapchat wasn’t originally designed for iPads, simply users take bypassed this trouble by modifying their Apple App Store filters and installing the iPhone version. If y’all’re also using Snapchat on an iPad, y’all have the selection of deleting snaps from your chats. You can practise and so in conversations with one other person or group conversations.
To delete a snap you sent to another user:
- Open up the Snapchat messaging section and get to the conversation where you sent the snap.
- Tap the conversation and curlicue through information technology until you get to the snap you want to remove.
- Press downwards on the snap with your finger and hold for several seconds.
- When you see a popular-up list, select the “Delete” option.
- Another purple “Delete” button volition announced. Tap information technology to confirm the activeness and finish the process.
Make sure the user hasn’t opened the snap before you effort to retract it.
To delete a snap sent to a group conversation:
- Navigate to your Snapchat messages and discover the conversation where you sent the snap.
- Choose the conversation and go through it until you see the snap yous desire to unsend.
- Printing and concur the snap with your finger until you lot come across the options menu.
- When the popular-upwards menu shows up, tap the “Delete” option.
- Press the purple “Delete” push to complete the process and remove the snap from the conversation.
Deleting a snap will hide its contents, but other chat members volition see you removed something from the chat. They might be curious and enquire you well-nigh information technology, so information technology might be good to come up with a plausible respond earlier removing the snap.
Delete Your Snaps Before They’re Opened
Snapchat is a game-changer in the social media earth, as the snaps disappear quickly, increasing privacy protection. Merely many users are unhappy that the app still hasn’t developed a feature that would allow them to unsend content. Until the platform rolls out a solution, y’all tin utilise the methods nosotros outlined in this guide to delete snaps from your Snapchat conversations.
Take you e’er deleted a snap from a chat? On which device did you do it? Permit us know in the comment department below.