Apple tree launched the iPhone 12 serial concluding Tuesday at its ‘Hi, Speed’ effect. The new lineup of smartphones has four devices, the iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and the iPhone 12 Pro Max. The iPhone 12 mini is an all-new device, whereas, the three other smartphones come as a successor the iPhone 11, iPhone eleven Pro, and the iPhone xi Pro Max respectively.
If you are thinking about upgrading from last year’s iPhone 11 Pro to the newly-launched iPhone 12 Pro, you might exist wondering if the upgrade is worth it or should you stick with your existing smartphone. And that is exactly what we want to reply today in our comparing mail. Let us detect out if it is worth upgrading from the iPhone 11 Pro to the iPhone 12 Pro.
Read:iPhone 12 Vs iPhone 12 Pro: 9 Key Differences
iPhone 12 Pro vs iPhone 11 Pro: Should You lot Upgrade?
- iPhone eleven Pro: Size – 144mm ten 71.4mm 10 eight.1 mm, IP68 water and dust resistant up to 4 meters
- iPhone 12 Pro: Size – 146.7mm 10 71.5mm x 7.4 mm, IP68 water and dust resistant upwards to vi meters
The iPhone 12 Pro features flat sides and sharp edges as opposed to rounded sides and edges of the iPhone 11 Pro. And that’s pretty much the simply difference in their looks. However, that one modify is what makes the iPhone 12 Pro look much more modern compared to its predecessor. The iPhone 12 Pro is too slimmer simply carries a tad more weight than the iPhone eleven Pro.
Although the iPhone 12 Pro looks improve than its predecessor, it isn’t a huge leap, and therefore, the design shouldn’t exist a deciding factor for you to upgrade from the iPhone 11 Pro to the iPhone 12 Pro.
- iPhone 11 Pro: v.8-inch, OLED, 2436 x 1125 pixels resolution, 800 nits brightness, HDR10, Dolby Vision
- iPhone 12 Pro: 6.1-inch, OLED, 2532 x 1170 pixels resolution, 800 nits brightness, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Ceramic Shield protection
The display of the iPhone 12 Pro is slightly larger than that of the iPhone xi Pro. The larger display should offer a meliorate experience while browsing through apps and watching videos. Simply since the size difference is very modest, it doesn’t matter much.
The iPhone 12 Pro features Ceramic Shield protection for the brandish, which, co-ordinate to Apple, offers iv times better drop protection. Just then over again, yous can protect the display of your smartphone with a tempered glass screen protector.
- iPhone 11 Pro: Rear – 12MP primary camera with f/1.viii aperture, dual-pixel PDAF, OIS; 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS; 12MP ultrawide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 120-caste FoV; 4K60FPS video recording; Front – 12MP photographic camera with f/two.2 aperture, 4K60FPS video recording.
- iPhone 12 Pro: Rear – 12MP master camera with f/1.half dozen aperture, dual-pixel PDAF, OIS; 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS; 12MP ultrawide photographic camera with f/2.4 discontinuity, 120-caste FoV; 4K60FPS video recording; Front end – 12MP photographic camera with f/ii.2 discontinuity, 4K60FPS video recording.
The iPhone 11 Pro and the iPhone 12 Pro come with a triple-camera setup. Both of these smartphones feature the same telephoto and ultrawide camera. Only their primary photographic camera differs. The 12MP camera of the iPhone 11 Pro has an f/1.8 aperture, whereas, that of the iPhone 12 Pro is f/1.6 discontinuity. The wider discontinuity should offer brighter images with an increased background mistiness.
The rear camera setup of the iPhone 12 Pro also comes with a LiDAR scanner which the iPhone 11 Pro misses out on. The LiDAR scanner will help in AR applications and offering ameliorate portrait images. Lastly, the iPhone 12 Pro has Night style support for all cameras, Night Way Hyper Lapse, and Dolby Vision video recording — a first for a smartphone.
While the photographic camera performance of the iPhone 11 Pro is nonetheless one of the best in the manufacture, the iPhone 12 Pro takes it to the next level. All the same, nosotros recommend you to become for the iPhone 12 Pro only if you capture a lot of images and tape plenty of videos. Simply if you are someone who casually takes photos, the iPhone eleven Pro suits you perfectly.
- iPhone 11 Pro: Apple A13 Bionic (6-core CPU, four-core GPU, 7nm transistors), 4GB RAM
- iPhone 12 Pro: Apple A14 Bionic (6-core CPU, iv-core GPU, 5nm transistors), forty% faster CPU performance and 30% faster GPU performance compared to A13 Bionic, 6GB RAM
The iPhone 12 Pro has a significantly more powerful processor compared to its predecessor. Even so, the trouble is, users of the iPhone 11 Pro won’t exist able to notice the extra functioning of the iPhone 12 Pro because the former already offers uncommonly fast and smooth performance. So, it doesn’t make sense for people to spend actress money in the hope of getting higher functioning.
- iPhone eleven Pro: 64GB, 256GB, 512GB storage options
- iPhone 12 Pro: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB storage options
The iPhone 11 Pro too every bit the iPhone 12 Pro come up with NVMe storage modules which are much faster than UFS storage that you observe in Android devices. If you have an iPhone 11 Pro, its storage speed should suffice you lot. The good thing is that the iPhone 12 Pro ships with 6GB RAM — 2GB more the iPhone 11 Pro and has twice the base storage as well.
Battery Backup and Charging Speed
- iPhone 11 Pro: 3046mAh bombardment, xviii hours video playback, 65 hours audio playback, 18W charging, 50% charge in 30 minutes
- iPhone 12 Pro: Bombardment chapters unknown, 17 hours video playback, 65 hours sound playback, 20W charging, fifty% charge in 30 minutes
The bombardment life is the ane place where the iPhone 11 Pro performs better than the iPhone 12 Pro. The iPhone xi Pro offers 1 hour of extra video playback compared to the iPhone 12 Pro. That’s non a lot only worth mentioning. If yous want a good battery backup, you should probably stick to the iPhone 11 Pro.
The iPhone 12 Pro does come with MagSafe back up which is extremely cool and will open the gates to a globe of new accessories. Even so, that lonely is not worth upgrading to the iPhone 12 Pro from the iPhone 11 Pro.
- iPhone 11 Pro: Dual-SIM with 4G, VoLTE, and VoWiFi; dual-band Wi-Fi ax with MIMO, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS with GNSS, UWB, Lightning port
- iPhone 12 Pro: Dual-SIM with 5G, VoLTE, and VoWiFi; dual-band Wi-Fi ax with MIMO, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS with GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and BeiDou, UWB, Lightning port
The biggest divergence between the iPhone 11 Pro and the iPhone 12 Pro, apart from the photographic camera, is connectivity. The iPhone 11 Pro comes with 4G connectivity, whereas, the iPhone 12 Pro features 5G connectivity. On paper, 5G might have a lot of benefits but the existent-earth benefits are express as of now so upgrading to the iPhone 12 Pro just for 5G makes piddling sense right now.
Security and Privacy
- iPhone 11 Pro: Face ID
- iPhone 12 Pro: Face ID
Both smartphones feature 3D face up recognition. There is no difference between them whatsoever.
- iPhone xi Pro: Started at $999 for 64GB storage variant
- iPhone 12 Pro: Starts at $999 for 128GB storage variant
The iPhone 12 Pro comes with the same cost tag equally the iPhone 11 Pro did when it was on sale. Merely the iPhone 12 Pro features double the storage, which makes it more value for coin compared to its predecessor.
The iPhone 12 Pro is just slightly amend compared to the iPhone 11 Pro. Nosotros think that you should upgrade to the iPhone 12 Pro just if you lot are disappointed with the camera functioning of your iPhone 11 Pro. But if you lot are satisfied with the photographic camera operation of the iPhone 11 Pro, you should hold on to your phone for now and save some money.
If you have not already purchased your new iPhone, here’s how you can get an iPhone 12 for free. And once you do get your hands on it, check out the all-time iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro tips and tricks. In that location are enough of new features in iOS 14 that you demand to know about, so accept your time to go through them all.
This postal service was final updated on March 26, 2022.
Posted by: Sadiyev.com