Not certain why your phone is charging slowly? Information technology might exist time to check the charging port for debris. The problem could also be an upshot with the phone charging cable. You might not detect it. But if your telephone or the cable is slow at charging, it makes using your device a lot less enjoyable.
Try these troubleshooting tips before you break downwardly and buy a new charger to set up an iPhone charging port not working. These tricks will assist go your phone juicing again quickly and hands.
iPhone Charging Port Not Working: Possible Causes & 11 Tricks to Fix Them
Hither are several reasons why your iPhone isn’t charging, and how you tin solve them.
1. The USB Port You’re Using Is Broken
A faulty or broken USB port can cause a non-performance charger. The USB port could exist damaged if your phone is plugged in but the lightning cable connection isn’t working. Or the port might non be connected to the phone if your iPhone is plugged in, just the charging indicator light isn’t on. It could be due to a bad USB port.
Try plugging your cable into a unlike USB port. If neither doesn’t work, the port may be bad. Damage to the port, corrosion, or a aptitude pin tin lead to faulty ports. The only affair you can do is go information technology fixed at a repair shop or purchase a new phone if it’s across repair.
two. Clean Your Charging Port
Grit or pocket-sized particles of debris can accrue in the device’due south charging port. And this happens if your gadget doesn’t have a phone instance. But, all phones develop pockets of dust over time and this interferes with charging.
The plug fails to seat properly because of the accumulated dust, leading to your iPhone charging port not working.
To clean your port, employ a soft object like a cotton wool swab. But ensure that y’all avoid pushing hard or inserting some things into the port – you tin can cause more than damage. Be gentle with your phone.
three. Check Your Charger String
Check the condition of your iPhone charger and string. It tin can’t brand a secure connection to your telephone if it’s bent or frayed. Try straightening it out and re-plugging information technology in. If the cablevision doesn’t work, try plugging in some other one.
You could take a trouble with your USB port if the other cable doesn’t work. A bad connectedness may also show that there’s corrosion on your charging port. In this case, y’all’ll have to purchase another one.
four. Take a Look at The Wall Adapter
You have tried the three methods, but still, your iPhone charging port isn’t working. It’southward time to examine the wall adapter because there could be a broken fuse or an electrical mistake.
To observe out whether the wall charger is fine, plug it into a dissimilar outlet.
Too, use another lighting cablevision to examination the wall adapter. And if the charging doesn’t amend, information technology shows that the power source is malfunctioning.
5. Your iPhone May Exist Out of Bombardment or the Bombardment Itself Is Former
It’s besides possible that your iPhone is depression on battery and doesn’t have enough charge to ability upward the charging excursion. Plugging it in while it’s completely dead can sometimes work, just not always. If your phone is powered off, plugging in the charger will practise nix. Yous need to accept the phone powered on and the charger plugged into a power source like a wall outlet or laptop.
If the phone is powered on just not charging, the problem might be a worn-out battery. Take your device for a replacement to an Apple store.
six. Remove the Telephone Instance
The charging port on an iPhone is located at the bottom of the telephone. When you plug in a charger, it should accomplish the charging port without any obstructions.
But a phone instance can interfere with charging by covering up or blocking admission to the charging port. To fix the problem, remove the case while you’re charging your device.
7. Force Restart Your iPhone
A strength restart is an excellent style to fix a lot of severe problems due to temporary files in the software. This will besides remove some of the junk stored in retentiveness and give your hardware a refresh. Here are some ways to practice it:
iPhone 6 and earlier models
Hold both the abode push button and side button down until an Apple tree icon appears on your screen.
To turn your telephone off, press and concur the volume down button and side button together until the Apple icon displays on the screen.
iPhone 8 and the latest models
Quickly press, release, and so re-printing the volume up button. Press and release the volume down button before holding down the side push button until y’all get an Apple icon to announced.
8. Reinstall iOS
Tried all of the higher up tricks and nothing worked? You tin reset your network settings to set up the charging effect. Y’all can also effort reinstalling a new version of iOS to see if that fixes the charging effect.
Reinstalling the operating arrangement will repair the phone and may set the charging issue. Follow these instructions to update your software:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Tap on “Full general”.
- Tap on the menu option for “Software Update”.
- Here, you can download and install any available updates during this procedure.
9. Use Your Insurance Claim To Fix an iPhone Charging Port Not Working
Exercise you have iPhone insurance? You tin can claim directly with your service provider. They tin can offer you on-location, in-store, or in-mail repair options.
10. Try DFU Mode To Restore Your Telephone
DFU mode is a special mode that your iPhone can enter when information technology has an issue. You can use it to troubleshoot bug with your iPhone. It stands for Device Firmware Upgrade. And information technology means that you are upgrading the firmware of your iPhone.
Y’all tin use DFU mode to restore your iPhone. Plug your device into your computer and and then hold downward the “dwelling” button and the “ability” button at the same time for 10 seconds to activate DFU way.
By entering DFU style, you can reinstall the operating system on your iPhone, and and then restore it from a backup or another device. While in DFU mode, you volition meet an Apple logo on the screen of your iPhone. This means that your phone is in DFU mode.
eleven. Turn On Accessibility Features To Notice the Issue
All of the to a higher place tricks might not take worked, so y’all tin can employ accessibility features to diagnose the charging event.
– VoiceOver: You can utilise VoiceOver to check if the charging indicator low-cal is on. Select “Measure” and “Measure Distance” and place your finger on the charging port. If the charging lite is on, you should hear a “beep.”
If your phone is plugged in, but the charging calorie-free is off, yous may have a bad port.
– Zoom: You can use Zoom to check if your phone is charging. Select “Assistive Touch”, and and then click “Zoom.” If the charging icon is illuminated, your phone is charging. If it’south not illuminated, the phone isn’t charging.
Frequently Asked Questions About the iPhone Charging Port Not Working
How can I fix my iPhone charging port?
Plug in your charger and see if it charges at all. If it does non charge at all, and then y’all demand to make clean out the debris from the charging port. To fix this, apply a soft object to remove whatever dirt that might be blocking the charging port.
Ensure that you don’t push hard because you can damage some sensitive parts.
How much does it cost to set up an iPhone charging port?
It depends on your model. Simply yous can expect to pay $69 to Apple if y’all don’t take a warranty. If you opt for a third-party service, it tin be cheaper. Phone models, such as the iPhone eleven, Pro Max, etc., can cost between $150 and $175.
How do I know if my charger port is damaged?
Some warning signs that your charging port may exist damaged include:
- A buzzing sound when trying to charge
- A loose or intermittent connection between the cable and charging port –
- The cablevision or charger not working at all
- Your telephone doesn’t start charging when plugged in.
Tin can I fix a broken iPhone charger port?
Yes. Utilize the in a higher place steps to fix an iPhone charging port not working. If everything fails, reach out to Apple-certified specialists to have your device repaired.
What do I do if my iPhone is charging slowly or won’t power on?
- Inspect your charging cable and USB adapter. Check your charger cord for damage such every bit breaks or damaged prongs. If y’all notice whatever problems that could block the cable or brand information technology dangerous to utilize, get a new i.
- Endeavor a different wall outlet to see if information technology works. Make sure the charging cable is connected securely to the wall adapter and that the adapter is fixed firmly in place near a working power outlet.
- Brand sure at that place’s no debris on the charging port and plug it into your device firmly. Cheque that the port isn’t damaged too badly. If it is, it could exist time to go your device repaired.
- Let your device charge for a good xxx minutes.
- If you lot’re unable to power on your device or charge it, delight take the device, cablevision & adapter to an Apple tree Shop or Apple Authorized Service Provider for evaluation. You may also contact the support team for additional assist.
Can I use rubbing booze to clean my iPhone charging port?
No, you tin can’t. That’s because you’re likely to add together moisture to your charging port. And it can make things worse – water can damage the delicate components of your device.
Does the Apple shop clean charging ports?
Yeah. Have information technology to an Apple tree store almost you.
Can you utilize a paperclip to clean iPhone charging port?
No. You tin can’t. It can cause more harm to your smartphone.
- Recent Posts