RobotPoweredHome is reader-supported. When y'all buy through links on my weblog, I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Acquaintance, I earn from qualifying purchases.
My LG Television receiver had been running into a few issues lately, black screens, no audio, and all that, so every bit function of trying to go it stock-still, I thought of resetting my TV.
It was worth trying out considering I had expended all my options upwardly to that point, and I was okay with losing all my settings.
The only obstacle was that I had lost the Television set remote in the middle of trying my fixes.
Just I knew there should be some style around this, and then I went online to find out if you lot could reset your LG TV without its remote.
I had to spend a few hours going through LG’southward back up pages and quite a few user forum posts to go to the bottom of this.
What you volition be reading is made with everything that I found that is known to work, equally confirmed past LG and other users.
Hopefully, by the end of this article, you’ll be able to reset your LG TV without your remote in seconds.
To reset an LG TV without a remote, you can use the buttons on the side of the Goggle box to admission the Settings to initiate the reset. You lot can also employ LG’southward ThinQ app or gear up a universal remote.
Keep reading to know what type of reset to practice for what kinds of issues and how to connect your phone to your TV with the ThinQ app.
When Should You Reset Your LG Television set
Resetting your TV should figure only towards the finish of a troubleshooting process for a good reason; most forms of reset wipe your accounts and information from the device yous’re trying to reset.
So make sure yous’ve exhausted all your options earlier resetting the TV.
There are two types of resets, namely soft and difficult resets; both practise different things and are used to fix different issues.
Soft resets mainly merely reset the system’s electronics, while the software and firmware parts of the system largely remain unaffected.
These resets can be pulled off by power cycling the Idiot box, which deletes anything in its RAM and refreshes its electronics.
A hard reset is a more than drastic mensurate that resets every setting and changeable parameter dorsum to when it came from the factory.
This mainly affects the software and firmware, with all updates rolled dorsum, all installed apps removed, and accounts signed out.
Both these resets fix their own set of problems, with the more minor problems beingness fixed past a soft reset, while the other more annoying ones need a hard reset.
We’ll be talking virtually both kinds of resets in the sections that follow, and I will mention what kind of reset each of them is.
Use The Buttons On The Television set
Most LG TVs accept buttons that you tin can use to do either a soft reset or a hard reset, depending on what you lot need to do.
To soft reset your LG TV, follow these steps:
- Find the ability button on the side of the Goggle box.
- Printing and hold the button to plow the TV off.
- Don’t allow become of the push button for at least 15 seconds.
- Press the ability button over again to plough the Telly back on.
While you tin can do a hard reset with these steps:
- Press the Home or Settings button on the side of the TV.
- Utilize the Volume or Aqueduct Upward and Downward keys to navigate toGeneral.
- SelectReset Initial Settings.
- You might need to enter a password if y’all’ve set i before. If you haven’t, the default password is either 0000 or 1234.
After resetting the Television set, effort seeing if the reset helped with your issue.
Use The LG ThinQ App
LG as well has a remote app for Android and iOS users, but it merely works for LG’south smart TVs.
So if yours is a smart TV, you tin get your phone connected to your Telly with this app and use your phone as a remote.
To ready the ThinQ app for your Goggle box:
- Download the LG ThinQ app from theGoogle Play Shop or the Apple App Store.
- Launch the installed app.
- If you have anLG account,sign in with it, or select ane of the other services you tin log in with. Yous can too create a new LG business relationship here if you like.
- Make sure your Television and telephone are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- TapAdd product, then selectGoggle box.
- Select your Boob tube from the list.
- A number will announced on your Television receiver screen now; enter this lawmaking in your telephone and tapOK.
- Select the Telly from the ThinQ app’s home screen to outset decision-making it.
In one case you’ve fix the ThinQ app with your TV, y’all tin can get to restart the TV.
To exercise this:
- Tap the Dwelling house button on the telephone remote.
- Navigate toSettings>General.
- ChooseReset Initial Settings.
- Enter the countersign if you lot’ve prepare one. If you haven’t, the default password can exist either 0000 or 1234.
When the reset process finishes and the Boob tube restarts, log dorsum into your accounts and see if you lot resolved the event.
Apply A Universal Remote
A perfect replacement for a lost remote would be to get a new one, but instead of getting the aforementioned remote, consider getting a Universal remote instead.
These remotes don’t simply control your Boob tube; they also can control your audio system and other entertainment products.
You’ll also demand LG’s code for your specific remote if the code search method to link the remote and Television set doesn’t work.
Universal remotes let you exercise more with your Goggle box; some even allow you to configure your smart dwelling lights and other fittings with shortcuts in the remote.
Once you have the remote setup, you tin reset the TV by following these steps:
- Tap the Habitation button on the remote.
- Navigate toSettings>Full general.
- ChooseReset Initial Settings.
- Enter the password if you’ve prepare one. If you haven’t, the default password tin exist either 0000 or 1234.
Yous tin can likewise admission almost all of the settings of your LG TV without your remote, you lot just have to follow any of the methods that I’ve talked about here, and you’ll have consummate command of your TV in no time.
You lot tin also restart your LG Telly without a remote. All you accept to do is use the buttons on the side or unplug it and plug it back in the onetime-fashioned style.
Don’t worry if you’ve lost your remote. LG and other third-party brands have adult solutions, you simply need to know where to look.
You May Also Enjoy Reading
- How To Fix A Smart TV That’s Not Connecting To Wi-Fi: Piece of cake Guide
- Tin can I Connect my AirPods to my Idiot box? detailed guide
- AT&T U-Verse App for Smart TV: What’s the Deal?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I manually reset my LG TV?
You tin can manually reset your LG Telly by going into the General section of the Telly’south Settings page.
From in that location, you’ll need to selectReset To Initial Settings to offset the reset process.
Where are the manual buttons on LG Telly?
Cheque all the outside parts of the TV; you’ll usually find the button on the sides or the front of the Television set near the logo.
Remember that not all LG TVs have buttons, so if y’all find it difficult to know where the push is, your TV might not have one.
What is Quick Start on LG Television receiver?
Quick Start on an LG Television puts your TV permanently in standby mode when you lot plow it off.
This lets the TV boot up faster whenever information technology is turned back on.
How do I connect my LG TV to Wi-Fi without a remote?
To connect an LG Tv set to Wi-Fi without a remote, endeavour plugging in a USB mouse to help you navigate the user interface.
Follow the steps that the Telly shows you lot to connect to your Wi-Fi, only use the mouse to navigate.