Every year mobile companies endeavor their all-time to give successor versions, Forcing users to buy the new products. When they tin’t deliver as much user expectations, they tin can’t become good sales. Compared with Pixel 1st Gen, Google Pixel 2 is a significant improvement. Simply, Google Pixel three doesn’t run across user expectations. Even though the hardware is not that much upwards to the marker, They roll out many helpful; software features in the POixel 3 version, including call screening. Since Google Pixel mobiles are released with most Stock Android version, You don’t need a root method or boosted optimizations. Merely when you are a regular root apps user or developer, you can root your Google Pixel iii/Forty Android 12 using the below procedure. In the following mode, we use only magisk. So, You tin can’t install custom ROMs. Merely, The method is enough to use all root apps and mods.
After the root, you volition non become official updates from Google. Yous have to flash the Stock firmware once more to update and stay with the latest version. So, I advise until you lot take a proper reason, don’t root your mobile. If you are a Developer or Regular root apps user, y’all can follow the beneath guide to attain root on your mobile.
Why should you lot Root Google Pixel three/XL?
Nosotros thank XDA Developers- topjohnwu and Homeboy76 (Who successfully tested this method). Without their hard work, Nosotros can’t make this method. Coming to root, you should have a proper reason, and you lot know what y’all are doing. Yeah, with a minimum of 4 GB RAM and a Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 processor, Y’all can apply this mobile without root for two-3 Years If you use it in regular usage. Software is ameliorate compared with other manufacturers, Custom skin Bone. Don’t root because everybody says information technology tin become fast when you lot root your mobile. No. Rooting is to excerpt some operation from the device. But, you already take Optimized Powerful specs and software. And so, If you are addicted to some root apps, you tin can root. But, if you want to exam, I won’t recommend it.
How to Root Google Pixel 3/Xl Android 12 (Crosshatch, Blueline, International versions)
Google Pixel 3/Xl International Variants has a more than flexible bootloader than carrier-locked devices. This means that Nosotros tin can easily root different smartphone variants. The device can also install TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app.
This article explained the easiest method to follow and install Magisk on Google Pixel 3/Twoscore. Just In the beneath process, we will Root this device by using Magisk. Y’all can install Official TWRP using the official app when it is released. TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file that Nosotros must install on your devices because y’all can root them successfully. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
You tin can flash TWRP in one case information technology is available. With the help of TWRP Recovery, y’all can apace wink the Custom ROMs into your Google Pixel 3/XL. Before sharing the tutorial, you may desire to know that y’all can easily install whatever root apps with the Magisk present on your device. Does it seem complicated? Relax; We will explain everything succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
Support your current files and information complete the data loss process (save them on external storage).
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To practice this, go to settings >>> nigh >>> Tap on the “Build Number” seven-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Fashion, OEM Unlock. In that location is no complicated procedure in Google Pixel iii/40.
Download the ADB drivers. Install it on your PC.
- Also, download the regular Partition Fastboot drivers Install It on your PC. Apply these drivers to flash the Boot image file.
Unlock Bootloader Google Pixel 3/XL using ADB and Fastboot
Switch off your device. Then, enter into Fastboot fashion. To do this, press and agree down the
Volume Downwards + Ability
buttons simultaneously for some time and connect your mobile with your PC.
Press the Book Up push to continue when you meet the warning bulletin.
Connect the Google Pixel iii/XL mobile to the computer via USB cable.
Launch the fastboot on your computer. Open a Command prompt on your PC and blazon the beneath command.
- If you lot are detected, type the below command and hit Enter. It should brandish the connected devices. If you didn’t get the device, restart the command prompt and Disconnect and Connect your Google Pixel 3/XL.
fastboot flashing unlock
- Confirm unlock Bootloader in your Mobile Screen.
Later the successful unlock, your device volition automatically reboot to the standard Os.
- Check again to enable “Programmer Options,” then become to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Manner, OEM Unlock. Sometimes they disabled themselves after the boot.
Preparing Patched Boot Epitome file for Google Pixel 3/40
Google Pixel 3/Xl
Firmware and save it on your PC (Factory Prototype file, non OTA).
Your Electric current Bone version and Downloaded Version should be the Same
- You can utilise Phone Info to know your firmware version.
- Download 7Zip-ZS Install on your PC. Extract the files in downloaded firmware using 7Zip-ZS. Y’all volition get a lot of data. Yous should extract another .null file inside the already extracted firmware to get the kicking file. Re-create boot.img file to your mobile.
- Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) or Magisk canary and Install it on your mobile. Open Installed Magisk and Select Install in Magisk; it will ask For nil file and Patch Kick Image File. Select the Boot Image file.
Navigate to your copied Boot Image File and patch the file in .img format.
- Wait for the process to consummate; in the end, you will get a magisk patched .img file. The .img file volition be in the aforementioned folder where you take the boot. img.
- Copy magisk_patched.img file to your PC. Rename the file to boot.img once more.
Wink Patched Recovery Image using ADB and Fastboot
Switch off your device. Then, enter into Fastboot manner. To practise this, printing and hold downwards the
Volume Down + Power
buttons simultaneously for some time.
Printing the Volume Up push to keep when you see the warning message.
Connect the Google Pixel 3/Forty mobile to the estimator via USB cable.
Launch the fastboot on your calculator. Open a Command prompt on your PC and type the beneath control.
- It should display the continued devices. If you didn’t go the mobile, restart the control prompt and Disconnect and Connect your Google Pixel 3/XL. If you are detected, type the below command and hitting Enter.
fastboot flash boot –slot all boot.img
- After the process is complete, Printing the Volume Downwardly+ Power push to exit Fastboot mode. When the screen goes off, Immediately Press Volume Up + Power buttons to boot into Recovery mode.
- Later entering into Stock recovery way, Go to Wipe Information/Factory Reset and Select Yes to wipe data. It volition erase your saved data on your device. Don’t Boot into OS; read beneath Kick stages before booting.
Kick into Rooted OS
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release all the keys one time the Bootloader warning appears. You have to set upwards your device like a new device. You can select the root status using the Root Checker.
Stock Recovery Kick
– Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons release keys while holding the Volume Up cardinal.
- You will see Magisk Manager in your App drawer. If you can’t find the app, you can install Magisk Manager on your mobile.
In my opinion, you don’t need to root for your Google Pixel 3/XL Android 12. If you thought you could Improve Performance Past rooting; With the Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 Octa-Cadre processor and 4 GB RAM. If you don’t know how much RAM yous demand, You will never use this much RAM. It would assistance if y’all did not Boot into Normal OS Booting by pressing the power button later firmware wink. It will boot you to a Non-Rooted surround. If you accidentally urge and boot frequently, Don’t panic; subsequently setting everything up, switch off your device and kicking into Rooted Bone using the keys mentioned above. Don’t Install any apps other than trusted sites on rooted devices. Third-party site apps can comprise some background codes. And then, Check twice before installing those apps.
Source, (2), (3)
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write Virtually Anything If You Requite a Hint Near the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate, Making His Career towards this Applied science. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not just Software level but Hardware-level Besides. Across this, He is a Skilful Swimmer, Guitarist.