Man Accidentally Swallows AirPod During Sleep, Still Works After Being ‘Retrieved’

by -56 views

Back in Feb, Bradford Gauthier shared his story of how he ‘accidentally’ swallowed an AirPod during his slumber. The human from Massachusetts has now shared more than on this, revealing how the AirPods were retrieved, and how happy he was to observe them working when he got them back.

AirPods are small, tiny-lilliputian earphones and due to their small size, information technology’south very easy to misplace them. Bradford Gauthier shared his story with
The Guardian
revealing how he accidentally swallowed an AirPod while sleeping.

Bradford says that he has a habit of watching a movie before he goes to sleep. One night in February, he started watching the moving-picture show
The Matter.

“Within 10 minutes of the opening credits, I could barely keep my optics open. The next thing I knew, iv hours had passed, my wife, Heather, was asleep beside me and the picture had long finished. Groggily, I moved my phone off the pillow and removed the wireless AirPod headphone from i ear – the other had fallen out and I couldn’t find it.”

The next mean solar day, when he woke up, he plant something wrong. He said that he found his pharynx congested, and he wasn’t able to consume anything. “I padded to the bathroom for a sip of water, but couldn’t swallow properly. My throat filled with water, only information technology wouldn’t go downwards – I had to lean over the sink and let the water drain out,” he said.

During immigration snowfall from in front of his house, he asked his son if he had seen his AirPod. To this, he replied, “perhaps you swallowed information technology in your sleep?” Later laughing near the comment for a cursory, Bradford seriously considered a doctor consultation.

“At the walk-in heart, the receptionist asked for my symptoms. My response was met with a bemused look and the doctor who examined me was incredulous. She said people with an object lodged in their pharynx ordinarily experience a lot of pain, plus it seemed unlikely that I could take inadvertently swallowed a slice of plastic an inch and a one-half long. I was left on my ain as she went to examine the results of a precautionary 10-ray.

The doctor’s expression when she returned was priceless. “Well, I’ll exist damned,” she said. She led me to her workstation, which was surrounded by medical staff. On the screen was a drawing-clear epitome of my ribs and, parked between them at 45 degrees, the unmistakable shape of the missing AirPod.”

The AirPod seemed to be stuck in his esophagus. The md said that if information technology was ingested, it could’ve lodged in his intestines, which would have meant surgery. Thankfully, the doctors were able to remove the AirPod “naturally” using a “lasso attachment.”

“Heather drove me to the endoscopy centre, where the AirPod was got dorsum out via my oral cavity using a tube with a lasso attachment. It was extremely uncomfortable, just I was sedated and and so only half awake. A few minutes afterwards, I was given the AirPod in a slap-up picayune purse.”

Afterward returning to his firm, Bradford checked if the AirPod were in working status. And to his surprise, the AirPods were still working.

“It works fine, although the microphone is less reliable than information technology was. I’ll never know for certain how I managed to consume it; my theory is that it dropped on to the pillow, ended up next to my mouth and got sucked in when I yawned. In retrospect, I’m glad the “observe my AirPod” attempt didn’t work – I would accept freaked out if my throat had beeped.”

Do you sleep with your AirPods on? Let u.s. know in the comments beneath.


Posted by: