How to Fix Charging Issues On Your OnePlus 5
If y’all accept a OnePlus 5 smartphone, you are enlightened that it is one of the most advanced and well-designed smartphones on the market place today. However, no telephone is without glitches, and the OnePlus 5 is not an exception. One problem commonly encountered past smartphone owners is difficulties with charging the phone.
The most common types of charging problems include the OnePlus 5 not charging, the OnePlus 5 grey battery trouble, and the circumstance where the OnePlus five won’t turn on afterward charging. In this guide I will nowadays some basic troubleshooting techniques to aid you resolve your OnePlus 5 charging trouble.
Causes of OnePlus five Not Charging Problem
Some common causes of OnePlus 5 charging problems include:
- Damaged battery
- Phone is defective
- Grayness battery problem
- Temporary telephone problem
- Faulty charging unit or cable
- Cleaved, bent or pushed in connectors on the OnePlus 5 or battery
How To Gear up OnePlus 5 Slow Charging Problem
If your OnePlus 5 is experiencing charging problems, the charger cable should be the first thing you lot check. Sometimes the charger cable may have lost the proper connection or have been damaged. Try switching to another USB cablevision that works to see if the result is with the cablevision earlier purchasing a new cable.
Close Background Applications
If y’all take a lot of apps running in the background, this tin be a reason for wearisome charging. The following steps volition close apps running in the background:
- Hold the “Home” button and allow it go when you come across the recently used apps screen
- Select “End all applications” in the task managing director section
- Select information technology and clear memory at the top of the screen
Reset OnePlus 5
A soft reboot may sometimes help with your OnePlus 5 not charging. This method often fixes the charging issue on the OnePlus five, even if only temporarily. Press and hold the Side Push until you run into a prompt, and choose “Restart.”
Uninstall 3rd-Party Apps
A software bug may exist the reason for the OnePlus five charging slowly if none of the higher up methods have worked. The best solution would be to uninstall all third-political party software to check if you have fixed the charging trouble on the OnePlus 5.
The phone needs to go into “Safe Mode” Before you can uninstall third-party apps that may exist causing the slow charging trouble. To turn on the safe mode:
- Turn off your phone
- Hold the power button
- Let get the ability button and hold the volume down button when you lot see “OnePlus 5” on the screen
- Keep on holding the push button until the telephone restarts
- Release the push once you run across “safe mode” appears at the bottom of the screen
From there, third-party apps are uninstalled from your OnePlus 5 by navigating to Bill of fare> Settings> More than> Application manager, Downloaded> choose the application yous want to uninstall, so click on Uninstall> Ok. Later on that, turn off safe manner by pressing and holding the Ability Push> Restart> Ok.
How To Fix OnePlus 5 That Won’t Switch ON After Charging
Some OnePlus 5 owners have reported that the OnePlus 5 won’t plough on or power after charging even if the OnePlus is fully charged. Below are lists of unlike ways to prepare the issues.
Hit the Ability Button
Press the “Power” push button several times to ensure that there isn’t simply an event with the button itself.
Boot to Safe Manner
Your OnePlus 5 will run only pre-loaded apps when it boots into “Safe Mode.” If booting into Safe Manner resolves the upshot, and so you lot know the problem is probably related to an app. Follow the steps beneath to boot your OnePlus five to safety mode.
- Press and hold the Ability push button
- Release the Power button after the OnePlus screen appears and then printing and hold the Volume Down button
- The Safe Fashion text will brandish in the bottom left corner of the screen when the telephone restarts
Boot into Recovery Style and Clear Cache Segmentation
This technique will get the OnePlus 5 into Recovery Mode.
- Press & hold the Home, Power, and Volume Up buttons
- Let become the Power button when the phone vibrates while you all the same keep holding the Home and Volume up buttons until when the Android System Recovery screen shows
- Highlight “articulate cache partitioning” using the “Book Downwardly” button and click on the Power button to select it
- The OnePlus 5 will reboot automatically afterward the cache sectionalization is clear
How To Ready OnePlus 5 Not Charging Grey Bombardment Problem
Some OnePlus v users written report that they started experiencing not charging/grey battery problems subsequently dropping their phone. Damaged charging ports or cables could be the chief reason why the OnePlus 5 is not charging and the gray battery problem occurs. In addition, debris or dust in the charging port could also lead to charging problems. Try the following methods for fixing these issues.
Make clean the USB Port
Charging bug may be acquired by debris blocking the physical connections in the charging port. Dirt, dust and lint can get between the metal pins of the charging cable and charging port, preventing electricity from flowing. If this is the case, gently swab the connection port with a toothpick to remove any debris. Be conscientious not to damage the connector pins.
A system manner dump volition debug the phone and let the execution of unlike functions. It’southward besides a useful function to give your network speed a boost. Yous tin perform a system dump using the steps below.
- Go to “Dialer”
- Blazon in (*#9900#)
- Select “Depression Battery Dump” at the bottom of the carte
- Select “Turn On”
We suggest taking the smartphone to a prison cell telephone technician and go it checked out if none of the above methods piece of work for fixing the OnePlus 5 not charging problem.