My time in Outward
(opens in new tab), Ix Dot Studios’ sandbox RPG, has been full of entertaining disasters. I’ve managed to achieve little of note, simply I accept been beaten upwards and kidnapped by wolves, beaten upwardly and kidnapped by bandits, forced to fight for my captors’ amusement, and so I was kidnapped by wolves again. A large lobster electrocuted me once, too. All in all, it’s been a fun misadventure. Until I tried to play with some other human.
Co-op has been touted as a big feature ever since it was announced, and it’south such a wonderful emergent storyteller that information technology’southward exactly the sort of thing you’d want to share. Outward has local split-screen and online co-op, but for a lot of players, attempts to play online ended in frustration and failure. Luckily, today’s patch
(opens in new tab)
aims to gear up that.
Last night I spent the entire time troubleshooting our disability to play together, but every try to find a game came up empty. The result was exacerbated by the online co-op system being as barebones as information technology gets. There’s no game list, no menus and definitely no frills. The host types the name of the game into a text box, so the guest types that same name. It should connect the pair, though it wasn’t until the patch.
Chris is working on his review and had better luck playing with Wes. Information technology took them a few tries, but eventually they were able to play together without further issues. Hopefully I’ll take better luck not getting kidnapped by wolves tonight.
Take a look at the full patch notes below.
- Fixd result where searching for an existing game would always return a ‘game not constitute’ message mistake.
- Controller joystick sensitivity is at present afflicted by the setting ‘photographic camera sensitivity’.
- Bandit Army camp in the south in Chersonese’s map has been moved to fit its actual position.
- Each elevator in the tutorial can now be toggled with their respective levers.
- Added a workaround to strength all controllers to be assigned to the 2d role player in divide screen (for those having the issue of all controllers being assigned to player one). Player 1 will only take the mouse and keyboard. Information technology is temporary while nosotros make an bodily menu for controller assignation. To toggle this workaround, add a txt file named “CONTROLLERP2.txt” in ‘Outward_Data’ which is Outward’s install directory.