Ready problems with your Google TV device
If you tin can’t play videos on your Google Goggle box or have other problems with your Google TV device, this commodity tin help fix the effect.
Step one. Cheque your Wi-Fi connection
Check the Wi-Fi settings on your TV
- From the Google TV home screen, at the top correct, go to the profile icon.
Network & Internet.
- Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on and that you’re continued to the right network.
- Open i of your apps.
- Play your video, music, or game again.
Yous can only use secure Wi-Fi networks, like WEP, WPA-PSK, and WPA2-PSK. Unsecured networks don’t show upward on Google Television set.
Adjust your router & connection
If Wi-Fi is turned on but you lot have a wearisome connection, attempt to suit your router. You can try to:
- Reboot your router, or unplug it and plug it dorsum in.
- Move your router closer to your Television set.
- Apply a cable to connect your router to your Goggle box.
Fix up a stronger network
If it’south available with your router, fix a 5 GHz network instead of a 2.4 GHz network. For more particular, check with your router manufacturer.
With some routers, y’all can as well set a priority device in the Google Home app. Acquire how to set a priority device.
Pace 2. Check for system updates
- From the Google TV dwelling screen, at the pinnacle correct, go to the profile icon.
Check for update.
- Install whatever available updates.
- Play your video, music, or game again. If that doesn’t work, become to the next pace.
Footstep 3. Restart your device
- From the Google TV home screen, at the top right, become to the contour icon and select
- Once the system restarts, play your video, music, or game once more. If it still doesn’t work, go to the next step.
Step four. Check which profile y’all’re using
- From the Google TV dwelling house screen, at the top right, scroll to the contour icon.
- Nether “Accounts & Sign In,” check which profile is selected.
- Brand certain it’s the aforementioned profile yous used for your service.
Step five. Articulate app data
Step half-dozen. Reset the device to factory settings
Important: A factory reset erases all your information from your device. We recommend that you try to troubleshoot with other steps first.
Troubleshoot other problems
Cheque if your game is compatible
- On your estimator, go to Google Play.
- Discover the game you desire to play.
- Under “Cull a device,” look for your Google TV device.
- If it’s dimmed, the game isn’t compatible with your Google TV device.
Fix issues with your remote
You might need to remove and reinsert the batteries on your remote. If that doesn’t solve the consequence, try to update your remote.
- From the Google TV domicile screen, at the top right, get to the profile icon and select
- Nether “Remote & Accessories,” select your remote control.
- If an update is bachelor, install information technology.
Fix issues with a soundbar
If you accept a TCL six-Series device, to set sound on your soundbar, follow these steps:
- From the Google Television domicile screen, at the top right, go to the profile icon and select
Channel and Inputs.
- On the left, under “Inputs,” turn on
- On the right, under “Command Other Devices (CEC),” turn on
- To go dorsum to Settings, press the
button on your remote.
Display & Sound
If yous set Audio output to ARC and don’t become any audio out of the soundbar, to check the Digital Audio Out setting:
Brandish & Sound
Digital Sound Out
To get sound out of the soundbar and external speakers, the setting should be set to Auto, Pulse-Lawmaking Modulation (PCM), or Pass Through.
For help with other devices, contact the device manufacturer.
Become more assist
Was this helpful?
How can we amend it?