David Imel / Android Authority
The Google Pixel iv and 4 40 are first-class phones, particularly if you lot’re into smartphone photography. Unfortunately, they too take their fair share of problems that need to exist addressed. Running into issues with your new device? Here’s a roundup of some common Google Pixel 4 and 4 XL problems and their fixes!
We volition continue to update this list of mutual problems Pixel 4 and 4 XL owners face. Continue in heed that not every device will have these bug. In fact, it is more than probable that yous won’t come up beyond these bug at all.
1. “OK Google” non working
Many face an upshot where the “OK Google” command doesn’t work when the phone’due south screen is off. Users have to either wake or unlock the phone starting time earlier the Google Banana launches every bit expected.
- Some have institute that the problem is caused because of the phone’s built-in battery optimization. Go to
Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > Special app access > Battery optimization. Notice the Google app and disable the optimization.
- You can likewise get through standard bug fixing procedures. Clear app data and cache, uninstall and reinstall the Google app, and delete and redo Vocalization Friction match. If all else fails, a mill reset (you can detect out how to do so below) may be an option.
- While the steps higher up have worked for some users, quite a few have reported that the issue still persists. Google is aware of this bug and a software update will hopefully accost it.
2. Wired headphones not working with the phone
Some users are having problem using wired headphones with the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL. The telephone doesn’t recognize the connected device and continues to play music through its speakers.
- This consequence is about likely caused because of compatibility issues with third-political party USB-C to iii.5mm adapters. You will demand an adapter that is a DAC (digital to analog converter). While the Pixel four doesn’t come with an adapter in the box, the official Google adapter is nevertheless the best way to go if yous’re looking for one.
- Of course, make sure that there aren’t any problems with the headphones offset. Use information technology with other phones and laptops to ensure that it’southward working as expected.
- You lot could also endeavour cleaning the USB-C port. Plough the phone off and use a soft toothbrush or a wooden toothpick to clean out any lint or other build-up. You can as well use compressed air as long every bit the intensity isn’t as well high.
iii. Face up Unlock suddenly stopped working
Since the Pixel four and 4 40 don’t come with a fingerprint scanner, the only way to unlock the phone is by using Confront Unlock. Unfortunately, quite a few people have reported that the feature suddenly stopped working for them.
- Become to
Settings > Security > Face up Unlock. Become through the setup procedure once once again and meet if that works.
- A soft reboot has too worked for some users. Nevertheless, the trouble goes away but temporarily in most cases.
- The best solution to this problem isn’t ideal merely has worked for almost. Simply factory resetting the phone seems to practise the play a joke on. Make sure that you back up all important data and media before doing then because the telephone will be erased completely.
4. Issues where the only pick is to look for a software update
There are some bug that don’t have a workaround only however. However, a lot of them are software problems that will likely be fixed with an upcoming update.
- Sensors non working:Many users discover that the sensors of the Pixel 4 and iv XL randomly stop working. This directly affects features like automobile-rotate, agile border, tap to wake, and more. This is a well-documented problem that Google is aware of. The March software update has stock-still it for some users only many are still facing the result.
- Visual Voicemail not working:Some users are not able to use Visual Voicemail as expected. It’s still not clear if this is an effect with the phone or with the network carrier. Either style, an update is the simply matter that will address it.
Bug with WPA3:
Many Wi-Fi routers and access points now back up WPA3. Unfortunately, Pixel 4 and 4 40 owners are facing frequent disconnections when connecting to the network. Mostly, users also have to enter credentials again when attempting to reconnect.
five. Bug where the only option is to go a replacement
If you run into any hardware issues, the only option bachelor is to pick up a replacement.
- Display issues:Pixel smartphones haven’t had the best track tape and some of the most common Pixel 4 and 4 Forty problems accept to do with the screen. Some users are seeing grey and pinkish splotches on dark and black backgrounds. However, this shouldn’t be mistaken with the gray glow seen at the tiptop of the screen when the Soli arrangement is activated to sense gestures.
- Mic issues:A few users are facing an result where the mic stops working completely. For most, the problem seems to exist considering of a case. If so, simply removing the case does the trick. However, if the problem persists, or yous don’t utilise a case, the only option is to get it replaced.
- Battery stuck at50%:A lot of people accept run into an issue where the phone doesn’t accuse beyond 50%. Some users accept found that the phone randomly powers off equally well. Unfortunately, this seems to be a hardware problem, and the just option is to become your phone replaced.
Wireless charging not working:
Some users are reporting issues with wireless charging on their Pixel iv and Pixel 4 XL. This is a hardware issue and it seems like a connector is breaking. In more farthermost cases, users are reporting swollen batteries. Y’all can check if it’s the latter past seeing if there is a gap between the sides and the rear drinking glass panel. In either case, your simply option is to pick upwards a replacement.
6. Guide — How to switch between single SIM and “SIM + eSIM” modes
The Pixel 4 and 4 Xl comes with dual SIM support (dual SIM dual standby) in the form of an eSIM and physical SIM. To enable or disable dual SIM style, dial *#*#4636#*#*. Scroll down and toggle on or off the “enable DSDS” choice.
7. Guide — How to manufacturing plant reset the Pixel 4 and 4 XL
Resetting the telephone to manufactory settings is ofttimes a last-ditch solution to fix some problems that users come across on their phones. Yet, don’t forget to support important data, files, and media considering this procedure will erase everything.
Reset with the telephone on
- Go to “Settings.”
- Get to
Arrangement > Advanced > Reset options.
- Tap “Erase all data (manufacturing plant reset)” and then “Reset phone.”
- You lot may have to enter your Pin, pattern, or password.
- Tap on “Erase everything.”
Reset with the phone off or if information technology’s unresponsive
- Press and hold the power and book down buttons simultaneously until Fastboot manner (image of a triangle with an assertion signal) appears.
- If you encounter “No control” on the screen, press and concur the power push. While belongings the ability button, press the volume up button and release both.
- Select “Recovery mode” by navigating the list with the volume upwardly and down keys. Use the power button to select the option.
- In the Recovery menu, use the book keys to go down to “Wipe data/manufactory reset.”
- Select “Mill reset” in the adjacent card.
- Once complete, select “Reboot system now.”
These are the biggest Pixel iv-related issues we’ve come up across, only we might have missed a few. If you’re a Pixel iv possessor and are experiencing bug with the device, feel free to share your story in the comments beneath.