Red, White, and Blue Hair Combs with Bows
Prove your patriotic spirit with scarlet, white, and blue pilus combs! Use the Ribbon-to-Dewdrop to easily add beads and bows
to pilus clips. Last week, I made formal ribbon and bead pilus combs (click here for tutorial). My young daughter has thick wavy pilus and the hair clips were perfect to pull her hither hair back. She requested a few more than hair clips this fourth dimension with bows and brighter colors!
- 2.25″ Hair Clips
- Ribbon-to-Bead (Light Blue)
- 5/viii″ Red Grosgrain Ribbon
- 3/8″ White Satin Ribbon
- Large Eyed Beads
- Mini Bowdabra
- Pilus Bow Tool & Ruler
- Silver Bowdabra Bow Wire
i. Begin by post-obit the instructions to wrap hair combs with ribbon-to-bead. Add together ii chaplet to each side of the combs.
2. Identify the Pilus Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cutting 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and identify information technology into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Cut 8.5″ of 5/8″ red grosgrain ribbon. Cut the ribbon ends at reverse angles. Seal the ribbon with clear nail polish or a lighter. Place the terminate of the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra with the betoken at the ane.5″ marker.
4. Fold and press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create a 1″ loop.
5. Fold and press the ribbon at the i″ marking on the other side. The tail should be at the 1.5″ mark.
6. Place the 3/eight″ white satin and the sheer ribbon-to-dewdrop together at the ends. Seal the ends of the ribbon. Identify the two ribbons together into the Mini Bowdabra. Fold and twist the ribbon at slightly earlier the 1″ mark to create your outset loop.
vii. Fold and twist on the other side. Create a total of 4 loops. Trim away backlog ribbon and seal the ends.
8. Scrunch downwardly with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
nine. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other finish. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
x. Bring the Bowdabra Bow Wir
eastward around to the dorsum of the bow and knot.
eleven. Fluff the bow and separate the sheer and satin loops.
12. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire attach a bead to the heart of the bow.
13. The remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire is used to adhere the bow to the heart of the hair comb.
xiv. Follow the instructions to make a matching hair comb.
fifteen. Hair combs are perfect for all ages and these red, white, and bluish ones are a great fashion to show your patriotic spirit!
For more than nigh the designer click hither….