On February 9, Samsung unveiled the Galaxy S22 lineup to rival Apple tree’southward iPhone 13 series. Here’s a detailed comparison between the tiptop-of-the-line Galaxy S22 Ultra and Apple’s pride and joy, the iPhone thirteen Pro Max, so you lot tin pick the phone that suits you best.
With the Samsung Galaxy S22, Samsung has fabricated several improvements under the hood. For instance, the S22 Ultra features a 1TB storage selection that straight takes on the iPhone 13 Pro Max. On the other hand, there are iPhone features that the Galaxy S22 stands no lucifer for, such as Face ID with a mask.
Samsung Milky way S22 Ultra vs. iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone thirteen Pro Max – IP68, stainless steel frame, Ceramic Shield glass
- Milky way S22 Ultra – IP68, Aluminium metal frame, Gorilla Glass Victus Plus
The design language of the Galaxy S22 and the iPhone thirteen Pro Max screams premium. However, the iPhone thirteen Pro Max has a slight border in this aspect considering it has stainless steel construction compared to the softer aluminum found on the Galaxy S22. The iPhone 13 Pro Max’southward brandish is protected by Ceramic Shield glass which offers 2x drop resistance, while the Galaxy S22 serial uses Corning’s latest Gorilla Glass Victus. Both devices are too IP68 certified, bringing the final choice downwards to user preference hither.
- iPhone thirteen Pro Max – 6.seven-inch True Tone OLED, 2778×1284 pixels (458 ppi), ProMotion, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Haptic Affect, Super Retina XDR
- Milky way S22 Ultra – half dozen.8-inch AMOLED, 1440×3200 pixels, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+
The Galaxy S22 has a larger screen than the iPhone 13 Pro Max. The feeling of size is further accentuated past the lack of a notch on the former. The iPhone is neck and neck with the Samsung in terms of the screen refresh rate and HDR capability, something we could not say about the iPhone 12 models considering they lacked ProMotion support.
Samsung claims the S22 Ultra can accomplish a peak effulgence of 1,750 nits, which is notably college than the iPhone 13’south maximum of 1,200 nits. Moreover, the Samsung smartphone comes with a helpful E’er-On Display (AOD) feature that the iPhone lacks.
The Milky way S22 Ultra as well comes with the S Pen built-in. The stylus allows you to go the near out of the S22 display, especially in notation-taking apps for annotations and image editing suites like Snapseed and PicsArt where using the brush tool with your finger would be inaccurate and cumbersome. Apple has never included a stylus with the iPhone models. So, in the brandish department, Samsung appears to accept the upper manus in terms of specifications.
- iPhone xiii Pro Max – A15 Bionic, 5nm process, made by TSMC
- Galaxy S22 Ultra – Exynos 2200, 4nm process, made by Samsung EUV | Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
Apple’south A15 Bionic offers best-in-class performance and efficiency. The flake powering the iPhone thirteen is no exception. It is based on TSMC’southward advanced 5nm procedure and is more efficient than any other flagship SoC in the market. The Galaxy S22 Ultra features Qualcomm’s Snapdragon eight Gen 1 chip that’s based on Samsung’s 4nm foundry. Information technology is not equally power-efficient every bit the A15 Bionic, only does bring a notable jump in AI and ML functioning. The new Adreno GPU also gives the v-core GPU of the A15 Bionic a run for its money.
In certain markets, the Galaxy S22 Ultra volition come with the Exynos 2200 featuring an AMD RDNA2 GPU.
Irrespective of what the numbers suggest, the A15 Bionic is a far superior chipset with unmatched power efficiency. It is the reason why the iPhones are able to offer stellar bombardment life despite their relatively small cell size.
RAM and Storage
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – 6GB RAM | 128, 256, 512GB, 1TB storage
- Galaxy S22 Ultra – 8/12GB RAM | 128, 256, 512GB, 1TB storage
The Galaxy S22 Ultra packs twice equally much RAM as the iPhone xiii Pro Max, giving information technology the edge here. The S22 Ultra ships with 128GB of base of operations storage coupled with 12GB RAM, with the visitor as well offering variants with 256B, 512GB, and 1TB of storage. However, the 1TB storage option is only available in select markets. On the other hand, the iPhone thirteen Pro Max features the same storage options, but all the models come with 6GB of RAM.
Previous tests have shown that despite less RAM, iPhones are improve at multitasking than Samsung’s flagship phones. History could echo itself here with the iPhone 13 Pro Max demolishing the Milky way S22 in multitasking tests.
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – 12MP with f/1.5 aperture, dual-pixel PDAF, Sensor-Shift Stabilization; 12MP telephoto with f/2.viii aperture capable of 3x optical zoom, PDAF, OIS; 12MP f/ane.8 ultrawide, 120-caste FoV; LiDAR sensor; 4K60fps video recording; Front – 12MP photographic camera with f/2.ii aperture
- Galaxy S22 Ultra – 108MP with f/1.8 discontinuity, OIS; 10MP telephoto with f/2.4 aperture, OIS; 10MP telephoto with f/4.9 discontinuity capable of 10x optical zoom, OIS; 12MP ultrawide with f/ii.ii aperture capable of 3x optical zoom, 120-caste FoV; 8K60fps video recording; Forepart – 40MP photographic camera with f/2.2 aperture
The iPhone xiii Pro Max and Galaxy S22 Ultra both have camera setups very different from their more than affordable stablemates. The S22 Ultra features a 108MP sensor that uses pixel binning to output 12MP photos and ameliorate its low-low-cal imaging performance. Information technology is too capable of 8K video recording while the iPhone 13 Pro Max is capped at 4K at 60fps. The iPhone has a 12MP f/ane.5 shooter with sensor-shift stabilization that allows it to open the shutter for longer and amend recoup for jerks.
Hither, the optical zoom capability of the S22 Ultra puts the iPhone thirteen to shame. The S22 Ultra tin achieve 10x optical and 100x digital zoom, which might seem similar overkill but could exist helpful in some situations. On the other hand, Apple tree’southward digital zoom is capped at 10x (where the Samsung’southward begins), and optical zoom is limited to 3x.
On newspaper, the Galaxy S22 Ultra has a more impressive photographic camera setup, only the iPhone 13 Pro Max can hold its own with its sensor-shift image stabilization and splendid paradigm processing.
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – Dual-SIM with 5G, VoLTE, and VoWiFi; Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS with GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and BeiDou, UWB, Lightning port
- Milky way S22 Ultra – Dual SIM, 5G, 2Gbps LTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.ii, VoLTE, Wi-Fi Directly, GPS with GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and BeiDou, USB-C
The Milky way S22 Ultra and iPhone 13 Pro Max both support 5G connectivity. However, Samsung’s offering uses a newer 5G modem which should theoretically permit it to pull higher download speeds. The Galaxy also supports the newer Wi-Fi 6E standard. In other aspects, both phones provide the same connectivity features. Note that the S22 Ultra is more versatile considering it has a USB-C port while Apple continues to use a Lightning connector.
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – Face ID
- Galaxy S22 Ultra – In-display ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
The iPhone xiii Pro Max and Milky way S22 Ultra take very different approaches to security. While the iPhone thirteen Pro Max features Face ID, the Galaxy S22 Ultra features an in-display fingerprint scanner. It does offer confront unlock, but information technology is not as secure as Face up ID.
As for Face ID, Apple is going to brand information technology work with masks with the ‘Face up ID with a Mask’ feature that’south going to exist a office of iOS fifteen.4.
Battery and Charging
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – 4,352mAh, 20W charging, 50% charge in 30 minutes, MagSafe wireless charging
- Milky way S22 Ultra – 5,000mAh, 45W fast charging, 15W wireless charging, Reverse wireless charging
The Galaxy S22 Ultra does pack a larger battery than the iPhone thirteen Pro Max, only the latter is capable of offering virtually two-day bombardment life on a single charger in the real world. The Galaxy S22 Ultra should also offer ane-twenty-four hour period battery life thanks to its 5,000mAh cell, with the 45W fast charging speeds ensuring it can be topped up in less than an hour.
The iPhone 13 Pro Max, on the other hand, takes well over an hour to accuse as it but supports 20W charging speeds. Both phones also support up to 15W wireless charging speeds, though on the iPhone yous need to use a MagSafe charger to reach the speeds.
- iPhone thirteen Pro Max – Starts from $1,099
- Milky way S22 Ultra – Starts at $1,299
The iPhone 13 Pro Max starts from $ane,099, while the S22 Ultra’s starting cost tag is $200 higher. This does tilt the favor in Apple’s favor, though Samsung’due south phones are most always on discount, and you should get a deal on the S22 Ultra that closes this $200 gap.
Ane important factor to consider when purchasing your next smartphone is long-term software support. Samsung has promised to provide at to the lowest degree four years of Android updates and 5 years of security updates to the S22 Ultra. In comparison, Apple offers around five to six years of software support for iPhones, creating a level playing field on this forepart. That said, Apple’s lower starting price makes the iPhone 13 Pro Max a ameliorate value suggestion than the Galaxy S22 Ultra.
Which device volition y’all purchase based on the higher up comparing: the Galaxy S22 Ultra or the iPhone 13 Pro Max? Please drib a annotate and let us know!
Posted by: Sadiyev.com